Ping John Gilham (Dad passed away)

John, This is a woodworking forum. While we understand that you probably went through a rough time over your Dad's death, death is just a fact of life. This is totally not the place to post that sort of thing. For one, it depresses people. There is nothing positive about death, and we try to keep things positive in here. Especially with all the flame wars, off topic threads, and trolling that goes on in this newsgroup In the future, please post this stuff in an appropriate support group (for example, when your mother's number comes up too). Not to be insensitive, but most of the people here couldn't give a plug nickel that your old man croaked. Hope this helps. Bradley Carr (hardcore lurker...yes, our opinions count too)

Reply to
Bradley Carr

That fact that you posted this publicly, shows you to be an ass. You could just have easily posted it to him privately, offered condolences and still made your point in a kinder way. Asshole.

Reply to
Upscale

went through a rough time over your Dad's death, death is just a fact of life. This is totally not the place to post that sort of thing.

Are you a "heal" or just a troll.

Reply to
Leon

Now, now, an asshole is useful. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Doncha love these folks who pop in outta no where and decide they're king of the hill?

You obviously haven't lurked long enough...

Renata

a rough time

-snip o' crapola

Reply to
Renata

"Bradley Carr" blathered insensitive drivel

It may come as a great shock to you, but folks who frequent this extablishment are friends and associates. When a death occurs in the family, civilized folks respond appropriately.

Savages, trolls and scumbags do not.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Does anyone see any relationship between Bruce Carpenter, Bruce C., and Bradley Carr? Hint: initials? Well by golly, I think they are the same guy. Hayyuck. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

I didn't post anything to John, mainly because (a) I don't know him and (b) I have enough trouble figuring out what to say to people I know well when they've suffered a loss. But this is _not_ what one says.

Further, I find the fact that you have used someone's personal loss to attempt to start an argument for your own amusement to be one of the most reprehensible and disgusting actions that I have ever seen.

Reply to
J. Clarke