Picnic table modification

I'm not even a novice when it comes to woodworking, but I'm going to build a

4-foot long picnic table from plans for an 8-foot table - aside from the top pieces being 4 foot long instead of 8, everything else should be the same, except for the diagonal braces that go from the underside of the table down to the inside of the legs. The 8-foot plans describe the legs as "They should be cut with a 17 degree angle roughly 44 inches per side." - I'm assuming that since the table length I'm building is 1/2 of the original plan, the length of the diagonals should be 1/2 of the original length, too - what about the angle of the cut? 34 degrees? Thanks!
Reply to
Texas Yankee