Photos of radial arm saw flipper stops (repost with corrected link)

Finally got around to posting photos of some shop-made t-track flipper stops I built for my old RAS. They aren't beautiful; but they work well and are easy to make.

Photos at bottom of

Morris Dovey

Morris, I am about to replace my table top on my RAS as well and find your article very helpful. Excuse my ignorance but what is a "propel nut". Is that the same as a t-nut?

Al Hoffmann

Reply to
ahoffmann

Morris, I am about to replace my table top on my RAS as well and find your article very helpful. Excuse my ignorance but what is a "propel nut". Is that the same as a t-nut?

Al Hoffmann

Reply to
ahoffmann

Al before you replace the top, consider making a two ply steel reinforced "Mr. Sawdust" style top for your RAS. This will be stable and remain flat. Suggested reading:

Arm Saw Forum:

Rumpty

Al...

Very similar. See the bottom photo at . The Propell nut has no prongs and (sort of) screws itself into the hole when you press it into place. They're available in steel from Lee Valley; but I couldn't find 'em available anywhere in stainless. Use s/s if you have better luck than I did.

Do take time to check the page Rumpty suggests. If I'd seen that before I replaced my RAS top, I think I'd have incorporated the reinforcement strips in mine (and plan to if I outlast the current top.)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thank you both for your advise. I will heed it.

Al

Reply to
ahoffmann