Particle Boad screws

...snip...

The screws cannot go all the way through the shelf or the desktop. "

Reply to
DerbyDad03

To KRW:

The screws (or other fasteners) will be in the BOTTOM (i.e., underside) of the particle-board desktop.

Reply to
gary

Bingo!

Or screw a piece of wood at each side and another on top of those crosswide (no epoxy needed)

Reply to
dadiOH

FrozenNorth wrote in news:mo3g0a$c7n$ snipped-for-privacy@uponpenaltyofdeath.dont-email.me:

I did... but was thinking about trying to keep the overall thickness close to the same. It would be fairly easy to take a piece of wood and glue it (epoxy or whatever you like) to the bottom of the desk top. Lots of glue surface area, especially if the pieces are flat.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Actually, it would be even better if the flat pieces were roughed up/groove d to give the epoxy something the bite into. A Dremel with a reinforced cut off wheel or saw blade would make quick work of randomly placed angled groo ves in both the wood and particle board (boad?) to lock both pieces togethe r.

Another suggestion that I don't think I've seen would be to bore some holes in the p-board and epoxy nuts into the bottom, then use bolts through the brackets. Once again, a Dremel could be used to rough up the sides of the n uts as well as the sides of the holes to give the epoxy some bite.

Reply to
DerbyDad03