OT: Using an iron to pop out dents in wood.

most incredible sounding instrument on the planet (not including big church organs, of course) Find a quality recording of Tori Amos's Cornflake Girl.

What a shame to see that Imperial just lying there...

Reply to
Robatoy

Ouch! ... new meaning for a diminished chord. And another example of how it pays to use professional piano movers.

After the flood of '01, a man, with no help but his 16 year old daughter, took SWMBO's piano, an upright, out the front door, down one step to the sidewalk, out to the street, and then into the back of their covered pickup in less than three minutes, never broke a sweat, and never actually lifted more than about 1/5th of the piano's weight ... all without benefit of a tailgate lift.

One of the most amazing feats of engineering choreography I've ever seen ... I still couldn't explain how they did it.

Reply to
Swingman

That was bad, Swing...verrrry bad.. ( I liked it.)

Good thing a child wasn't pinned underneath the piano.. . . . .

A-flat minor.

(wasn't mine... I stole it.)

Reply to
Robatoy

What is the actual name for a chord of all 12 notes played at once, all 8 octaves?

Reply to
Ferd Farkel

A cacophonic chord.

Reply to
Just Wondering

yep ... a flat three, plus a flat five = diminished.

Reply to
Swingman

Anybody know what notes we need to remember when crossing the street?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

"DerbyDad03" wrote

Do tell ... waiting with bated breathe. :)

(I've lived a sheltered life).

Reply to
Swingman

If you mean the music of Schoenber, Berg, Alban Berg, Webern, etc. It's Twelve-tone technique, or duodacophony. The chord is a tone row. Once the basic tone row is established, it is often permutated by inversion and retrograde. The tone row can be started on any of the 12 notes, so there are 48 different ways to play the tone row.

I'm not sure if all 8 octaves are used.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Don't you mean cacophonic dischord?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

-- Anybody know what notes we need to remember when crossing the street?

- Do tell ... waiting with bated breathe. :)

C-sharp or B-flat

Please deposit all groans at the door.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yep, pretty awful, alright ... but Robatoy will love it. :)

Reply to
Swingman

I kinda' did, too!

**
**

B A R R Y

A couple years ago I sold my 180 pound shaper. I apologized to the buyer that I couldn't help him load it, as my back just wasn't up to it. He said he moves them around all the time. He picked it up, carried it 25 feet and carefully laid it in his truck. He was about 5'9"; maybe 160 pounds. Amazing.

Reply to
Toller