Furniture dents in carpets

Hi, I have just moved some furniture around and there are dents in the carpet where the furniture used to stand.

Can anyone give any advice on how to remove these dents?

Thanks

TS

Reply to
TS

I've never tried this but I've heard you can put ice cubes in/on the dent and let them melt and the dents disappear.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

A helpful D&K book we have with lots of hints + tips for these sorts of things suggests putting an ice cube into the hole and letting it melt... not tried it myself.

David

Reply to
David Hearn

Let an ice cube melt on the dent (or soak the patch with cold water) and as the carpet dries it will spring back up again. I didn't believe this one until I tried it myself on a new carpet. We have a really heavy bed and it made very deep dents in the carpet. The water trick sorted it out!!

Jo

Reply to
Jo

Patience. They will go away in time.

Reply to
Vera

I give then a good rub with the narrow nossle (crevice tool) on the vacuum cleaner, such as to suck the pile back upright.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not in my experience.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Saw one of those 'Trade Secrets' short programmes on TV the other day, and one woman recommended putting an icecube on the dent, leave it until it melts away. Worth a try.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

There's an echo in here!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Sorry Mungo,

My service provider seems to miss out a random selection of replies so I am never sure that I've seen all the replies or that I'm not duplicating a response. Perhaps I should get a bette service provider ( I'm with Onetel ),

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece