OT: the wife's surgery

Silvan notes:

Probably not. More likely $60,000 at the current annual rate of increase.

Charlie Self "Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

Silvan, I'm adding your wife to my prayers list. As Lew said, " this too shall pass". Tom

Reply to
Thomas Bunetta

Our thoughts are with your wife, you and everyone else. Surgery/anesthesia makes you feel like shit, and gallbladder trouble ranks up ther very highly. Just hang in there and believe in the good outcome that is at hand!

Best wishes from your "family" in Fair Lawn, NJ!

Reply to
Han

Man, I had almost the exact same thing back in February. I thought I was a goner and so did all the family. But, once they got through with all the "procedures" it took me about 5 weeks to get back to about half normal and it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. Just keep the faith and I bet you will be doing the honeydo thing before you know it.

Reply to
Maverick

On 28 Dec 2004 08:39:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) calmly ranted:

If Shrub has his way, there won't BE any hospitals in our future. That wastes money which could go for more wars over oil-rich lands. "Sick people will die? So what?" he might say.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm sure you have some facts to support your allegations.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

More like 3 yrs from now, as the American Dollar becomes the American Peso.

Reply to
GregP

Well Michael McIntyre, you are my friend for better or worse. I and a whole bunch of other folks here are here to listen and do what we can. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Silvan... not being religious, the best I can do is hope that she'll come through this ok and tell you that positive thinking and attitude for both of you can make a huge difference..

That being said, I'd suggest that if you have ANY doubts about the surgery or care, get a 2nd opinion, quick!

My friend almost lost his daughter this year from a surgical mess on a weight loss procedure.... the MD that was brought in for a 2nd opinion saved her life by seeing a surgical mistake that the surgical team had missed, that would of killed her from bowel leakage into the body cavity or whatever.. IMHO, a 2nd opinion will either find a problem, so that you can deal with it, or find that everything possible IS being done, and enable you to be positive about her recovery and the staff...

Hang in there, guy... and try to be as positive as possible, especially around the kids...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Hah, worse! Definitely worse! You really need to get out more and stop hanging with geeks like me. :)

Can somebody tell me how to do laundry?

OK, let me back up. I can do laundry. Mom can do laundry. Mom has even volunteered to come up and do the laundry. But Mom taught me how to do laundry, and my wife absolutely HATES the way I do laundry. So I need to ignore what Mom says and do this thing the true fluffy bunny Good Housekeeping way, with all the extra settings and fluids and powders and whatnots.

I think dumping everything in one big load is the wrong place to start. :)

Reply to
Silvan

My prayers are with you and your family. Please keep us posted on how she is doing, tell her there are a lot of woodworkers out there keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Phil

Silvan wrote:

Reply to
Phil

Well, geek to geek, I've been praying for you and your wife.

I dunno, works for me.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:01:50 -0500, Silvan calmly ranted:

As a confirmed bachelor of 51 years, I can do that.

OK, separate the pure whites from the rest. Separate the lacy ladies (and crossdresser's) undergarments from the colored load. That gives you 3 separate loads unless she has a frail garmet bag to load the lacy stuff in. Start the washer, put the correct amount of detergent-with-color-safe-bleach in (up to the inner line on the cap for liquid laundry detergent/whatever portion of a cupful for powdered), then add the white clothes. Hmm, wifey might use a softener at some time during the load, too. RTFM for the washer and see where and when to put that in. Some allow preloading, others beep at you to put it in. Once they're done, put them in the dryer. Cleand the lint trap first, add an anti-static sheet, and dry on the Wash'n'Wear setting. Whatever you do, don't use the Satanic Heat setting. It will make everything turn Japanese-size, as in "Honey, I shrunk the laundry.", something no housewife ever wants to hear again.

On second thought, let Mom do it and let HER take the heat when wifey gets home and sees the mess.

Right. I keep a pair of pink, blue, and white undies (one pair, tie-dye look) in my underwear drawer to remind me that I shouldn't mix loads any more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:271220042324362447%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca:

And nearly as dysfunctional! ;-)

Patriarch, wondering how I got 'the mostly sane one' out of the bunch of in-laws...

Reply to
Patriarch

aftereffects

of this when my sister had a botched surgery. They were to remove a section of bowel, which seemingly went well, but three days later, the stitches ruptured, which in effect was poisoning her from the inside. We were very lucky that this was caught as the surgeon who did the follow up as well basically brushed it off as post surgery whining. If I ever see that woman on the street it will take great internal fortitude not to plow her down with my car. My sister looked as if she had aged 20 years in two weeks. Thankfully she has well mended now and is back to her old self. I realize this is little comfort at this time as there is no rationalizing while you are in the middle of this. Just remember to lean on friends. That is what they are there for.

Paul

Reply to
Paul in MN

Reply to
Bullwinkle J. Moose

Didn't he write "Trail in the Sand"?

Reply to
jo4hn

Reply to
Bullwinkle J. Moose

... snip

Nor should you. Pretending things are all rosy when they are not does not help anyone. Doing your best and keeping a positive attitude however, is a good thing and not only helps yourself, it helps those around you help you (if you know what I mean in that rather awkward sentence).

No, you are not whining, you are going through a tough time.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I feel sort of the same about the oral surgeon who made an incision, then closed it without extracting the wisdom tooth. Not plow him down, but maybe punch him in the head one good time at least.

I'm not really that upset with this surgeon. At least he realized what he had done before this developed into anything catastrophic. Of course, my wife probably has a different opinion. :)

No, it's some comfort. I realize that as bad as this seems in the middle of it, it's really nothing compared to stuff others have been through. There was some real potential for horror there, but the ultimate result isn't that much different from the way these operations were done for years. It just would have been better overall if they had realized up front this was going to be one of those 20% cases that couldn't be handled the newfangled minimally invasive way. The way they made this discovery leaves a lot to be desired. It's probably worth getting that transcript, as someone else suggested, just to see if the guy said "Oh shit!"

I appreciate all the kind words. I've printed up this entire thread and am taking it to her tomorrow. Quite the get well card!

Reply to
Silvan