OT:Stock Market Tip!

Just got this off another NG

. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today. . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have $33.00 today. . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have $0.00 today. . But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received $214.00.

Reply to
Micky

It's the 401-KEG plan.

Reply to
Ed Edelenbos

This reminds me of a brand of cigarette (Raleigh?) that had a coupon on every pack. These could be saved up and redeemed for merchandise. The talk was that for 100,000 coupons, one could get a free iron lung. :-/, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Micky wrote: : Just got this off another NG

: . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year : ago, you would have $49.00 today. : . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you : would have $33.00 today. : . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year : ago, you would have $0.00 today. : . But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank : all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, : you will have received $214.00.

Nope, it'd be between $40 and $65 for the aluminum.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Andrew Barss wrote in news:gct92r$qej$1 @onion.ccit.arizona.edu:

Really? I'm surprised. If you are talking Anheuser-Busch or Miller products, I'd expect the container to be worth considerably more than the contents.

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

At $.05 to $.10 per can? (of course the above forgets the deposit, often more $$, is paid up-front on top of the beer rental).

Reply to
krw

"Cost" != "worth"

Reply to
J. Clarke

At a buck a beer, it's 1000 cans so it depends what the deposit is on the cans. Anybody get 21 cents a can?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

Was a time when I saved those coupons, but that was then and this is now.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I just bought a whole shitload of Ford @ $ 1.99. We'll see what happens. They sure have some interesting products, here and abroad.