OT - Sort of. Where is everyone?

Noreast of ya in Na Hampsha.

Reply to
D.Mo

Sandusky, Ohio. Home of roller coasters and not much else.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
Phil Crow

Dixon, CA.

The "Gateway to Davis".

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Trenton Michigan (suburb of Detroit) here...

Reply to
Timothy Drouillard

Parkersburg, WV, on a very high Ohio River that is finally starting to ebb.

Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

Home to what at >Sandusky, Ohio. Home of roller coasters and not much else.

What about Lyman, the best fishing boat ever created, some of the best Walleye (Pickerel for the Canucks) and perch fishing on the planet, as well as some of the best marinas on the south shore of L Erie.

The Holiday Inn in ( Park-es-burg, the local pronunciation) has (had) a brick wall behind the bar.

I paid for a brick in that wall one night, but they wouldn't let me take it with me .

As Bob Hope would have said, "Thanks for the memories"

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Lew Hodgett responds:

Yeah, well this week it isn't bricks that would worry you. The "sea" wall gate has been closed and braced for days because the water actually reached the wall for the first time in something like a decade, maybe more (accuracy is not a fault of the local newspaper or TV station--though the latter does have a corner on some truly astounding pronunciations--spent some time yesterday evening trying to work out, from context, whether the local female anchor was saying "police" or "please", as she used the same pronunciation for each ).

Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust

Yep, Here in Louisville they've started putting up the flood gates. A couple streets downtown is already under water. Glad I'm in the 'burbs.

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Rochester, MI, here.

Reply to
Larry Bud

This reminds me of the time I helped side a shed that our astronomy club built. Someone had brought a mitre saw with a blade on backwards to cut the vinyl siding. I measured, he cut and we both hung. While we were doing this, another couple of members were installing a set of double doors. They needed to cut down a 2x4 and saw the mitre saw. A couple of minutes, a bunch of smoke and only half way through they finally stopped and told the saw's owner his blade really sucked...where did he get it? A good laugh was had by all when the perpetrator explained "This is why I'm into astronomy and not carpentry."

Spaz

Reply to
SpazMaTaz

Tiffin, Ohio....50 miles S.E. of Toledo and 50 miles W. of Sandusky. Hope this helps. Joe kb8qlr

Be sure to check-out our webpages...

kb8qlr

snip

Lew,

I'm a transplant from southeastern Louisiana, and so my reaction has been predictably lukewarm about boats, fishing and marinas . One thing that hasn't been lukewarm is the weather around here. I just can't understand how these damn Yankees can stand this winter weather year after year. I've been toying with the idea of volunteering for layoffs just so I don't have to be out in this, this, this, *winter* any more.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
Phil Crow

Couldn't say, but I'm not. Heed Bob S.'s words - he's right, as always.

You could get the guy up the street to come and possibly help you or you could, with just a keystroke here, get 50 extremely knowledgeable woodworkers to help you out. I'd opt for the folks here - I don't ask often but by reading I have found answers to nearly all the questions I have. It is a great place full of very wise woodworkers and as a bonus you can get a lot of politcal advice as well.

Kiyu

Reply to
Kiyu

Where?

Walls and Carhartt coveralls, thinsulate boots, thick socks (real important before thinsulate), stocking knit caps, and gloves. I also wear a scarf due to my bad neck.

But Phil, the biggest secret is: The heats in the tools.

Can't stand around and expect to stay warm. ;)

Reply to
Mark

Mike W. wrote in rec.woodworking

San Antonio, TX.

Reply to
BigDog

Jackson, Missouri (just outside of Cape Girardeau)

Reply to
Mike S.

I'm a few miles south of you in Slidell, LA (NOT Los Angeles) which is

20 miles east of New Orleans.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

Pascagoula? Singing River? . . . oops, wrong way . . . that was when I wore the 'Green Tuxedo'. Chef Highway . . . right?

Is the company {a Bell Division . . . Halter Marine, I think}that makes the large hovercraft / landing craft, still there?

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {only passing through as a civilian, but couldn't miss some early morning coffee and beignet}

Reply to
Ron Magen

Yes they are still out on Chef Menteur Highway (US 90). It is Textron now. They manufacture the LCAC for the Navy and are playing in the mobile artillery market. Seem to be succesful at it.

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea