OT: Simply amazing

Larry, get your shit together.

The place was carbon neutral last time somebody bothered to check things out.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That's 'cause Al is using the millions of degrees of heat at the center of the earth for energy.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Keep this in mind: Learning is not a requirement in this country, but I suggest it before you speak.

Reply to
jo4hn

Yeah, because after he got caught with his pants down the slimy bastard busted his ass to make it so. If he really believed his Convenient Lie then it would have been "carbon neutral" two years ago when he was mouthing off.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You can be carbon neutral just like AL. I am:

Doug Winterburn

Umm, yeah. He bought carbon credits to balance out his energy costs; coincidentally, he bought those credits from a company he owns that sells carbon credits. Nope, no issues there.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

The 16'th amendment was one of the most egregious elements of the destruction of the intent of the founders and the purpose of the Constitution. By giving the federal government the authority to directly tax citizens of the states, it also gave the federal government nearly unlimited power over those citizens. That money, taken from the states only goes back to the states if they enact regulations required by the federal government, essentially undermining the entire federalist system established to limit the power of the federal government. Wilson's "progressivism" and determination to re-distribute wealth then led to the increasing statism during the FDR "New Deal" years and has continued after that.

... snip

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

... snip

... and you continue to make my point. One would think you could at least come up with something a bit more intellectual than the school yard taunt "idiot".

The problem with you statists is that you just can't believe someone can reach a conclusion other than your "intellectual, nuanced" view of the world and the realization that an over-arching state control of everyones' life is just the way things should be. If anyone disputes that, comes to a different conclusion, or points out something that disputes that happy little notion, they could not have come to that conclusion by observation of human nature, reading of history, or any independent thinking. No sir, only idiots who listen to talk shows could have those thoughts and are just reciting lines from the person programming them.

I'm done wit' dis Tom. You've shown good writing style in the past and some creative writing skills. Unfortunately, that hides some really ugly ideas and attitudes.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:22:59 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Oh, that's right. I had forgotten that he paid himself (his carbon trading-card company) for the disastrous wastes of energy. Did you see that he recently did an entire overhaul on the thing? It cost him beaucoup ducats and only saved him 10% on cost. The problem is that his usage expanded with the decrease in energy cost, so the net outcome is that he's a worse energy spendthrift now than he was before. Oh, why won't that man go hunting with Dick Cheney?

Lew. Get your shit together. You're expelling a dangerous and toxic gas every time you breathe out. Just ask your friendly neighborhood EPA guys.

Arrrrrgh! I can't take it any more.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:38:50 -0700, the infamous Doug Winterburn scrawled the following:

credits. I started saving the Earth in 1970 or so.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:50:52 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita scrawled the following:

Were it legal, someone somewhere might suggest tying your sig into an agreeable action at some time, I'll bet.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If you are Dick Cheney.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

And I might point out that amendment was not ratified in time, Oklahoma being the last needed hold out and taking the full threat and brute force of the Federal Government - cutting federal funding for roads and such. They finally signed - after the law expired - and it is the criminal congress that voted the exception and allowed a longer time (post vote) for the needed signers to sign the amendment into law. So taxes have been hated ever since - no thanks to the greedy Feds.

Mart> Greg G. wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

And state/local governments aren't just as greedy, just in lesser amounts? Percentage wise, probably as much waste and cronyism.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Reply to
Pat Barber

Regardless of any of it, McCain had a plan that would do the US share of what the global warming people say has to be done and he got castigated as anti-environment and lost the election. Obama had a plan that was politically correct and accomplishes diddly and he got praised for it and won. And China is the major source of CO2 anyway, something that they did _after_ they signed Kyoto--until somebody pulls their plug anything the US does is in vain.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Soooo, you believe researchers whose funding relies upon certain conclusions? Nah, nobody would fudge results:

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I heard one climatologist, who quit the government research department he was in because of too much bias, put it this way, "You don't get grants from the government by telling them everything's ok and there's nothing to worry about. You get research grants by telling them the sky is falling."

Reply to
-MIKE-

:> Sooooo. you are saying JPL knows more than the rec ??? :>

: Soooo, you believe researchers whose funding relies upon certain : conclusions? Nah, nobody would fudge results: :

Here's a more nuanced view:

other things, as I know from personal experience, "trick" is used by academics to mean "nifty way of doing or presenting something", not a deception. I use the term myself, in teachning formal language theory and doing proofs, to mean, basically, "the thing that you have to keep in mind/realize to figure out the problem".

In a wwing context, it would be a particularly clever and efficient way of doing something, or a vital aspect of problem solving you need to grasp to finish your project.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Now, if you could tap all the hot air created by people on this newsgroup, then you would have something.

Reply to
Larry W