OT: Simply amazing

I think you should update your sig line to include that nugget. It's obviously true. Divide and conquer, or divide and distract. It amounts to the same thing.

RicodJour

this show ...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

You betcha!

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Reply to
Robatoy

I, once again, point to this document:

(And no.. it is not another one of those Elders Of Zion pieces of claptrap hoax.)

Reply to
Robatoy

I, once again, point to this document:

(And no.. it is not another one of those Elders Of Zion pieces of claptrap hoax.)

Sadly, the moneylenders are still in control of the temple. Making obscene profits, Using obscene practices, Paying themselves obscene salaries, Taking obscene risks in the secure knowledge that the taxpayer will bail them out "for the good of the nation" when it all falls in a heap. Some defend the system as free enterprise. Seems more like usury to me.

diggerop.

- who doesnt have a credit card and hasn't borrowed money from the leeches for 40 years. diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

Brown shirts? I think you exaggerate. The conservative doesn't carry swastika signs like the left did during the Bush years. The conservatives don't beat people senseless like the SEIU thugs did recently (or the teamster thugs did during the Bush years). Conservatives do, sometimes, carry guns.

I'll agree that Buckley was erudite, Goldwater was principled, and Reagan was convinced.

Limbaugh, O'Reilly, and Beck are entertainers and not even in the same profession as the one's you named. Better comparisons would be Limbaugh with Streisand, O'Reilly with Alex Baldwin, and Glenn Beck with Roman Polanski.

I know it's hard for progressives such as yourself to do, but please refrain from profanity - this is a family group.

It's for the children.

Reply to
HeyBub

(For those who know this, move along...)

And then they went on to elect Woodrow Wilson who established the Federal Reserve and the 16th ammendment authorizing income taxes.

Later in life, Wilson stated: "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world - no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

And: "Some of the biggest men in the U.S. in the fields of commerce and manufacturing know that there is a power so organized, so subtle, so complete, so pervasive that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."

And now, boys and girls, you know the rest of the story.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

The Ruling Elite's version of 'bread and circuses'.

Plus ca change.....

D'ohBoy

Reply to
D'ohBoy

So true, the two parties on a national level screw up the system. They have lost the ability to negotiate an equitable consensus.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

topposting corrected, foo

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 22:19:39 -0800, the infamous Mike M scrawled the following:

Well, you remember what Auntie Marge said regarding "concensus", right?

-- For me, pragmatism is not enough. Nor is that fashionable word "consensus."

To me consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead. What great cause would have been fought and won under the banner "I stand for consensus"? --Margaret Thatcher (in a 1981 speech)

LJ sez: It's a good thing we have concensus on the case of Anthropogenic Global Warming (kumbaya), isn't it?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Anyone who would like to learn something about climate, here is a good place to start-

aren't as much fun as supposition.

:-) jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Swimming.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Russian roulette.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

DUI defense.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Reply to
Robatoy

WHAT?! A GOVERNMENT website?! HA! They're just trying to take over the weather!

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

What happened to better dumb than red . . . er . . . tougher than dumb . . . er . . .

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:23:24 -0800, the infamous jo4hn scrawled the following:

RIP, NASA, who has officially sold its soul to the LWBO. (Liberals with blinders on)

That ain't just supposition, it's suppositories they want the public to swallow. Hayseuss Effin' Crisco!

...but it's not too late to save the drowning polar bears. Adopt one today at an Algore Carbon Neutral site near you!

Speaking of which, Algore's little mansion uses more eneergy in a year than I have used in my entire adult life.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

According to the Goreacle, we live on a sun...

"GORE: It definitely is, and it's a relatively new one. People think about geothermal energy - when they think about it at all - in terms of the hot water bubbling up in some places, but two kilometers or so down in most places there are these incredibly hot rocks, 'cause the interior of the earth is extremely hot, several million degrees, and the crust of the earth is hot ..."

The man is an idiot. Some mines are deeper than two klicks.

If it was a Republican/conservative making insane statements like this, how many front page stories and lead news broadcasts would it be featured on?

But the Goreacle will get a pass...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone