OT: Should I Buy This Generator?

I had one of these for several years on the farm and although noisy it got us several outages, some as long as 2 days.

The only problem I ever had was when I ran the gas out of the engine. The ethanol or something made a mess in the carb. According to the repair shop you don't always get ever drop of gas out of the carb.

So I would not run it dry. Add stabalizer and run the thing every 2 months for 10 or 15 minutes. That is what I did and never had another problem.

Paid $425 for the generator and sold it years later for $300.

Reply to
swalker

That's what I do with my snow blower and leaf blower in the summer and my lawn mower in the winter. Now I just need to make more noise by adding the generator into the schedule.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I just use ethanol free premium fuel and run the carb dry, and keep the tank full. 3 lawn mowers, snow blower, and generator. The one lawn mawer sat for over 8 years (1957 Lawn King with Lawson engine) The Toro sat for over 20 years (tank and carb drained)

Reply to
Clare Snyder