OT: roofing question

I am extending my back porch and therefore the roof over it and am just now thinking about the roofing(asphalt shingles) and how it will match up to the existing roof on the existing porch and to the existing house roof.

I figure I can tuck the last new row of shingles under the existing house shingles. But I am wondering how to weave the new rows together with the existing rows on the roof of the existing porch.

Anyone know a good trick for doing so or a good reference book on technique?

Thanks guys.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt

If you're weaving to existing shingles? At tear-off, moving upward, just step left one tab, then right one tab. Be gentle in this area. Mind your step over the unattached tabs. At least that's what I think you're getting at. Tom

Reply to
tom