OT - Rare Bird Endangers Loggers

Nope. The OP was OT and inappropriate. That's not a big deal or a crime, and it's not a big deal or a crime for me to point it out. If all you blokes getting hot under the collar don't know why posts about "our boys" in the USArmy are offensive in an international forum then you need to read a newspaper or something. Nobody here wants to hear my opinion or yours, thay want to talk table saws and workshops.

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

So? It was labled as OT. Why didn't ya just skip it.

According to you? I thought your reply was far more inappropriate and provocative.

Point out what? That you are an anti-American buffoon who can't tell Russian-made from American made military aircraft. Or maybe the Russian craft was a converted civilian craft?

The only one taking offense is you, bubba; and it is no one's responsibility to control whether YOU are offended or not. And since America is PART of the international community, you can put up with it or shove off.

Nobody? You're spokesman and moderator for the group? And it's a laugh that, even though you know that people don't want to hear your opinion, you still go right ahead and blather on.

And yet you've now deviated from this highly narrowed topic range twice. Now, go off and play with a stingray.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Good Lord, but you're an ignorant tit.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sun, Oct 1, 2006, 6:58pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@mtavirgin.net (Tim=A0W) doth burbeleth: Nope. The OP was OT and inappropriate. That's not a big deal or a crime, and it's not a big deal or a crime for me to point it out. LMAO. I happen to be the OP. Of course the post was OT, which is why the post was "labeled" OT - which doesn't alays happen here. Standard procedure here. And, of course it was inappropriate in that it was not about woodworking - beccause it was an OT post. DUh. But, as you say, it's not a crime.

Nor is it a crime for you to point out that it was an Ot post. Completey needlss tho, considering it's labeledl OT.

By the way, I don't recall giving you my proxy vote on what the rest of the world may, or may not, like. I doubt anyone else has either. Ayway, someone else stated it was a hoax and the helicopter is actually a Hind. Which is Russian. Care to cmment on what you, and the rest of the world, think about that?

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Sun, Oct 1, 2006, 7:33pm (EDT-2) dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca (Dave=A0Balderstone) doth sayeth: Good Lord, but you're an ignorant tit.

Please, next time use the word "twit", because I don't like twits.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

The next time I mean "twit" instead of "tit", I'll type "twit".

But when I mean to type "Good Lord, but you're an ignorant tit." you can rest assured I will type "Good Lord, but you're an ignorant tit." and NOT "Good Lord, but you're an ignorant twit."

There's a substantive difference, should you take the time to consider the matter.

So on that note, I shall let "Good Lord, but you're an ignorant tit." stand, and decline your request.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

| In article , J T | wrote: | || Sun, Oct 1, 2006, 7:33pm (EDT-2) dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca || (Dave Balderstone) doth sayeth: || Good Lord, but you're an ignorant tit. || || Please, next time use the word "twit", because I don't like || twits. | | The next time I mean "twit" instead of "tit", I'll type "twit". | | But when I mean to type "Good Lord, but you're an ignorant tit." you | can rest assured I will type "Good Lord, but you're an ignorant | tit." and NOT "Good Lord, but you're an ignorant twit." | | There's a substantive difference, should you take the time to | consider the matter. | | So on that note, I shall let "Good Lord, but you're an ignorant | tit." stand, and decline your request.

I'm really glad you guys are getting this all figured out. :-)

Morris Dovey

Sun, Oct 1, 2006, 10:28pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com (Morris=A0Dovey) doth dreameth: I'm really glad you guys are getting this all figured out. :-)

Because of him I may never enjoy foreplay again; plus, I'm sure I'll have nightmares for weeks.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

whatzis about fingering it out?

Reply to
jo4hn

I am curious as to how a photograph of a Soviet miltary aircraft constitutes "American jingoism". Now if you were upset about _Russian_ jingoism that would be another story, by jingo.

Reply to
J. Clarke

The make and model of the helicopter are a complete irrelevance. I am pleased to say I know nothing about helicopters, tanks and guns.

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W

Of course. Anti-American military rants are the issue, not the inaccuracy of your observations.

Thanks for clarifying.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Hey Dave, I have a post in the Shepherds Crook thread too. You will probably want to find it and say something else ill-mannered.

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

From those of us who learned about " helicopters, tanks and guns" to protect you from having to know about them, thank you for showing that our job was successful. Your ignorance is your right and we GAVE you the right to be ignorant. You could show respect for our sacrifice by being a little more respectful to us and those who are still GIVING you that right. Some paid an awful price for your stupidity (I am not speaking of knowing about helicopters, tanks or guns). "> pleased to say I know nothing about helicopters, tanks and guns.

Reply to
sweetsawdust

Here's an e-hankie. Now wipe your eyes and blow yer nose. There now, all better? Pssst.. try not to break down like that in public, it's a tad unseemly.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Reply to
J. Clarke

You know, you could just man up, and admit your initial post was due to incorrect assumptions and jumping to conclusions, and you're sorry for all the fuss it's caused. And then everyone can get back to talking about wood-working.

Clint

Reply to
Clint

Wed, Oct 4, 2006, 8:32pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@mtavirgin.net (Tim=A0W) doth proudly burble: The make and model of the helicopter are a complete irrelevance. I am pleased to say I know nothing about helicopters, tanks and guns.

I'm not really sure how anyone should describe your response, but brilliant and well thought out is not included.

I'll type slow, so maybe you'll get it. Of course the make and model of the helicopter are relevant, that was your whole point in the first place. Duh! Anyone that takes, and expresses, pride in their lack of knowledge (ignorance), on any subject(s), is a person to avoid. However, you obviously felt you had sufficient knowledge on helicopters to comment.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Wed, Oct 4, 2006, 4:19pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (sweetsawdust) doth rightfully sayeth: From those of us who learned about " helicopters, tanks and guns" to protect you from having to know about them, thank you for showing that our job was successful.

Yep. The home of the free, because of the brave.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

If you think that "Soviet" is a "make or model" then you don't know enough about international politics for your opinion to be worthy of consideration.

I will give you a hint, though. There were Soviet nuclear armed missiles pointed at the United States for most of the past 50 years.

Google "USSR".

Reply to
J. Clarke