OT Question

Exactly! LOL

Reply to
Leon

In a nutshell, it's what the market will bare.

Reply to
Leon

I am on the board of directors for our local MUD. We have been planning on building a new waste water facility and water treatment for many years now.

Our engineers and our attorneys advised us to be ready to spend up to $XM for the WWP. Steel prices were way up in early 2019. Fortunately the bid came in $4M less and is 99% complete.

Reply to
Leon

See...you do understand it! ;-)

What I don't understand is why one green tool cost so much more than another. For example,

This...

vs this...

I mean, green is green, right? ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

When I need big-assed clamps I use pipe clamps - I can make them any length I need them. They aren't as fancy as Bessy clamps but they do the job

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I think you mean BEAR

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I needed a cpoule 1/4 inch NPT nipples a few months ago - black pipe would have been fine - but stainless was less than half the price, if you can imagine!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

My ball points usually "dry out" before they "run out". The balls just stop turning. Sometimes soaking the tip in OPA dixes them for a while - or heating the tip of brass ones (you DO remember those, right?) with a match or lighter.

It HAS been years though since I had one spring a leak in my shirt pocket - or since I wore a "pocket protector" (Yes, I was a "nerd")

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I'd argue that few of these "non-serious" woodworkers have parallel jaw clamps or even know what they're used for, if they know what they are.

The couplings work well too but they're priced accordingly.

Reply to
krw

About 20 years ago, a barmaid was telling us that that weekend she was going, with her boyfriend, hunting bear. I said that I wanted to see that. She got huffy and got her feminist dander up. "What, don't you think I can hunt bear?" I replied, that I just wanted to see her hunting bare. She got pissed. About ten minutes later, after everyone had fallen off their barstools a few times, I told her that there was more than one way to spell "bare/bear". She wasn't amused, at least for a few seconds until she realized that she'd been had.

Reply to
krw

I don't like pipe clamps at all. Pipe isn't nearly rigid enough and bows, making the jaws angle outward.

Reply to
krw

When I was in college, a slipstick hanging from the belt labeled you as a nerd (though perhaps a nerd with money making potential). Then when calculators came out, wearing one on the hip labeled you as a rich-kid nerd. My wife and I were working putting me through school so I certainly wasn't a rich-kid but let them think that. Now, if you aren't carrying a cell phone you're something less than human.

Reply to
krw

I've got a couple 55" clamps too... bought them on clearance for about half the regular price as I recall. Sometimes they still aren't long enough though! As such I've still got pipe clamps with couplings for those really long jobs!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I didn't find that in a house though... found it laying on the side of the road while riding my bicycle from FL to NY. $450... helped finance the trip!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Really, What the market will "animal" not bare, expose?

Reply to
Leon

FWIW there is nothing Fancy about a clamp that IMHO is 3rd rate. No shame!

Reply to
Leon

Wow! the most I have found laying on the ground is $5.

Reply to
Leon

Quoth the bear: You're not here for the hunting, are you?

Elijah

------ wait, that's a different bear hunt joke

Reply to
invalid unparseable

My best was a $100 bill lying on the grass at a flea market. Hundreds of people walking around. I just looked down and there it was, right in the middle of a main walkway.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I've found a couple of $20s (at different times).

I always try to find its owner. If they can tell me the serial number, it's theirs. ;-)

Reply to
krw