OT Postings

How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of rec.woodworking posts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking their fake junk?

I access this group through Google.

Thanks.

Reply to
ellestads

Step #1 would be to stop doing that then filter out anything from Google. Ditto gmail.

Reply to
dadiOH

That's your problem. Get a NNTP account, and get an agent that has killfiles.

Teranews sells one for about $5 for a one-time fee. I tried it, but I found out that the one my ISP provides free (roadrunner) was better.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

I purchase many quality products through these fine vendors. I have a basket full of msmesos - though I'm unsure of what kind of maple they're made from, or what I'm supposed to do with them.

My new fake Juicy Couture Bowler handbag makes a stylish Domino carrying case. If you're going to by the most stylish tools, don't carry them around in style-less cases.

And I never go to the pharmacy anymore when there's a plethora of high quality male enhancement products as near as rec.woodworking...

Reply to
DS

Did you search Google for Google Groups killfile?

Reply to
Saudade

yep, then the next step is to call it spam, which IMO is very different from OT posts...

mac

Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Maxwell Lol wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain:

You might already have access via your ISP. Do a search on MSN* for your ISP and NNTP. If they provide access you should be able to get all the info you need.

*Telling people that use Google to search with Google is getting old. Randomly suggesting search engines seems to be fun for a few minutes anyway.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Fred the Red Shirt

Using Google groups I display the topic list and only look at the threads that interest me.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Excepting the rare woodworking-related spam, spam is off-topic, though many other off-topic posts are not spam. It is not a dichotomy.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Is that like an appendectomy, but a little lower?

mac

Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Filtering out Robatoy would eliminate much of the OT posts.

Reply to
nogogogogo

This is worth trying - for diehard google users. You need firefox, greasemonkey, and the plugin

Maxwell Lol