OT: Pnuematic Pop Rivet Gun ?

I need to get a pneumatic gun. Mostly steel shank/alum body rivets. My uncle use to have a PRG510 that worked great. These run about $250 new and the only ones on ebay recently were missing the rubber safety boot.

Can anyone recommend other alternatives. EG, are Huck or Cherry (avdel?) OK? Any recommendations on a forum or newsgroup for these?

Thanks,

Reply to
Aslan

Aslan...

I bought the less expensive of the two models sold by harbor freight and, although it works, I'm less than completely happy with it since about two thirds of the time it requires two cycles to pop the rivit. Their more expensive model looks like a twin to the gun that a friend bought at Northern Hydraulics and used to build his airplane - and reported that it works quite well. He bought his for about US$90 (my semi-satisfactory gun was on sale for about US$70.)

It might be worth taking a pocket full of rivets and a well-drilled plywood scrap with you when you go shopping so you can try 'em out.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thanks Morris. I've had a few not so good experiences with central pneumatic stuff so have shy'd away. They told me they'd give me one to try for a few days so we'll see what happens.

Thanks,

Reply to
Aslan