OT: no delivery, claimed lost (ebay)

People need to be honeset in their feedback, otherwise it's useless. You should have put that "communication was terrible, package shipped 1 week after seller said it did, ignored emails", and her a neutral.

Now that you're able to reply to feedback, if she gives you a retaliatory bad rating, you can explain why (i.e. "seller is pissed I have her a neutral for slow shipping")

Reply to
Larry Bud

I didn't think shipping was slow.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

On the other hand, I think feedback ratings are absurdly at variance with what I'd imagine it to be: and average experience gets a neutral, something above and beyond the call would rate a plus.

But I'm content to do like everyone else, and analyze the feedback comments and call 98.6% marginal.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Am I missing something here? You couldn't sign on - then you gave her positive feedback?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

You're missing something. The top paragraph was written by JimR, and the second one by Enoch. You can tell by the differing number of ">"s in front of them that they came from different posts.

- Brooks

Reply to
Brooks Moses

Yeah. What I find most useful, if I'm concerned, is to look through the old feedback until I find a couple of the non-positive entries, and see what they say -- and particularly see how the seller replies.

A few sellers, all it takes is looking at their replies to the negative feedback they get, and it's clear as daylight that I don't want to do business with them.

- Brooks

Reply to
Brooks Moses

Good thing for you that you didn't accuse her of fraud.

You might direct her to this thread though. Perhaps it will instill a bit of business sense into her to see how such behavior can be perceived by others.

J.

Enoch Root wrote:

Reply to
John

It's true, it's a very good indicator.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Your attributions are munged.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

I don't think I ever intimated I'd do anything like that... but who knows, I'm as likely to leave something unsaid as the next... and there is where the imagination takes wing.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

True, you didn't. But you were seeking advice and were strongly advised by some to do so. I guess I could have been more clear in complimenting you on the judgment you exercised. :-) Oh well. Time to make some sawdust!

J.

Enoch Root wrote:

Reply to
John