OT: More Electrical Theory. :-D

Apparently this is not the rule. ;~( I have a rider on my insurance policy that covers this and external sewer lines for $75 per year with a $500 deductible.

Reply to
Leon

As with most things, it varies depending on local laws and utility contracts.

Around here, be it water, gas, or electric, it's the utility's responsibility up to the meter and homeowner's responsibility after the meter. The water company company seems to be the only one with forethought in this matter. They put the water meter about 20ft. from the street, leaving me to deal with the remaining 80ft. :-) Electric meter is on the house. Gas meter is a foot from the house. In fact, the gas company already replaced a section of underground gas pipe that was leaking. They wanted to replace it all, but I would let them since their ditch-witch would've cut through some big roots of trees in our yard. Those darn trees. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

What if ther are no poles? The transformers are in underground vaults.

Reply to
clare

Ours are curbside.

Reply to
krw

We have a 3'x3'x2' steel box in the back corner of our yard, above ground for servicing, it services 4 homes.

Reply to
Leon