Bosch USA to sell Skil

More sells.

Looks like Chevron, a Chinese power tool company is already talking about this on their site.

Brands they own.

Leon

Bosch owns (owned) Skil??? Sheesh! Talk about covering the spectrum.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Yeah, IIRC 22 or so years ago. There was a time, shortly after the acquisition that a Skil miter saw was identical to the Bosch and IIRC Bosch has a worm drive Skil saw that says Bosch instead of Skil. :~)

Leon

I believe that is why they bought skil... the worm drive was the construction standard here in the U.S.A. It was Skil's most widely accepted product. FWIW I had a skil battery operated drill in 1979,

1980.. My then FIL gave it to me. integral batteries. I was slow, but it was a pretty good early battery operated drill.
Reply to
woodchucker

IIRC I had one of those Skil drivers, tiny, and had a collar that you pulled out to lock the shaft if you need more manual muscle. And that time sounds about right.

Reply to
Leon