OT - Jogging In A Jug

I just stopped by because I figured some of you OLD guys could use this info. I'm not old yet, but got bad joints, and it does seem to help.

If any of you are curious about what "jogging in a jug" is, then just do a google. I don't feel like explaining.

I've never seen it in any stores, but it's so simple to make I'd never buy any anyhow. Lods of recipes on-line, with just minor variations. I've seen it quoted as selling around $8-9 a gallon, but a homemade version will cost loads less.

I mixed some "up awhile back and have been drinking some every day. My shoulder has been giving me all sorts of Hell for lmonths, but has vastly improved since I started drinking it, and my knee, and other joints, also. I found a recipe I thought would taste OK. One quart grape juice, one quart apple juice, 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup honey. Since it's so much more cost-efficient to buy in 2 quart bottles over 1 quart, I modified the recipe a minorly. Two quarts each apple juice and grape juice, two cups applle cider vinear, and one cup honey. Put the cap on before you shake it up. I drink about 3 swasllows at a time. Runs me about $3-4 a gallon. Seems to help my stomach if it's a bit upset too May not be able to actually prove it works, but I figure it won't hurt, and I like the taste. No quarantees it'll work, but worth it for the taste along.

JOAT Never confuse "Oh, I can't do this!" with "Oh, I've never done this!".

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

The J T entity posted thusly:

You mean that crap that third Option made the wild claims for? Only cost them $480,000 to settle with the FTC.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Mon, May 29, 2006, 11:40pm (EDT-2) rat@atatatat..com (Oleg=A0Lego) doth query: You mean that crap that third Option made the wild claims for? Only cost them $480,000 to settle with the FTC.

Basically, yup.

JOAT Never confuse "Oh, I can't do this!" with "Oh, I've never done this!".

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

Never heard of it, but if it doesn't work out for you, Glucosamine does wonders for aching joints.

Reply to
Prometheus

Right. I take the liquid glucosamine/chondroitin combination each morning. It's amazing stuff. From a lifetime of abusing my knees it had gotten so bad that I couldn't walk two blocks without my knees aching. Now I don't even think of them.

RicodJour

Tue, May 30, 2006, 9:37pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@business.org (Prometheus) Never heard of it, but if it doesn't work out for you, Glucosamine does wonders for aching joints.

Ah, but it IS working - seems like when it starts kicking in, it starts working more rapidly - definitely noticeable result, all arounds. Which means I can get the ingredients at the local grocery store, rather than getting a prescrition and all. I'll take prescription medicine, if I have to, but I prefer not, if I can find an alternate way thaty works I'll choose that over prescription drugs.

However, all alternate ways are not my first choice. Quite awhile back got tangled up in the electric fence keeping my son's dogs in. That was shocking. But, my knee pain disappeared for maybe 2-3 weeks. It worked very well indeed, but I'll pass on further treatments..

JOAT Never confuse "Oh, I can't do this!" with "Oh, I've never done this!".

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

May 30, 2006, 7:47pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@worldemail.com (RicodJour) doth writeth: Now I don't even think of them.

Never tried it, but have heard you can get the same results from smoking those funny cigarettes.

JOAT Never confuse "Oh, I can't do this!" with "Oh, I've never done this!".

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

Ahh... That's not a prescription, AFAIK, it's a vitamin- over the counter, at any rate. I don't care for prescriptions, either.

Reply to
Prometheus

Don't bet on it.

Reply to
Prometheus

fredfighter

Glucosamine is an amino sugar and chondroitin is a mineral derived from shellfish.

This from the Arthritis Foundation:

RicodJour