Fels Naptha Laundry Soap Recipe

Per request, here's the recipe that I use for my laundry ...

-------

Fels Naptha Laundry Soap Recipe

3 pints water 1/3 bar Fels Naptha Soap bar, grated 1/2 cup washing soda (soda ash) 1/2 cup Boraxo (Mule Team) 1 quart water, heated

Place 3 pints of water in a cooking pot. Add 1/3 bar grated Fels Naptha soap. Cook over medium heat stirring until dissolved. Stir in

1/2 cup washing soda, 1/2 cup Boraxo. Stir until it thickens like honey. Remove from heat. Pour 1 quart of hot water into a two gallon bucket and stir in the thickened mix. Stir until well blended. Cover and set aside for 24 hours. It will gel up. Store in covered plastic containers. Use 1/2 cup for each load.

------- I bought a 50-pound bag (about $15) of soda ash from a chemical supply house. This will probably last a lifetime, but I could not find a smaller amount for sale. I usually make a 3X batch in a large stainless steel soup pot with lid, use high heat, and forget the

2-gallon bucket. I have been using this laundry soap for over three years and apply the gel directly to stains. Preparation time is about 30 minutes.
Reply to
Phisherman