ot I hate snow

I live in carroll county md and All my wood is outside in the shed and I cannot get to it. Now I have time to play and no wood. the snow is drifting to the point that I can no longer see the shed! Sigh!

Len

Reply to
lennn99

I feel your pain. I just finished shoveling another two inches of global warming off of my driveway. Three inches yesterday. Eight inches last Saturday.

Reply to
Doug Miller

------------------------------------- Sent to me years ago by a guy who lives in Bucks County PA.

Enjoy

Lew

AUG 12 Moved to our new home in Pennsylvania. It so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them. I love it here.

OCT 14 Pennsylvania is the most beautiful place on Earth. The leaves are turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful mountains and saw some Deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful animals on Earth. This must be Paradise, I love it here.

NOV 11 Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.

DEC 02 It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won), and when the snowplow came by, we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place, I love Pennsylvania!

DEC 12 More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.

DEC 19 More snow last night. Couldn't get of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Friggin snowplow.

DEC 25 Merry Friggin Christmas. More friggin snow. If I ever get my hands on that son of a bitch who drives that snowplow, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the road to melt the friggin ice.

DEC 27 More white crap last night. Been inside for three (3) friggin days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snowplow goes through everytime. Can't go anywhere, car's stuck in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of white crap again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

DEC 28 The friggin weatherman was WRONG. We got 34 inches of that white crap this time! At this rate, it won't melt before next summer. The

snowplow got stuck up the road and the bastard came to the door and

asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six (6) shovels already shoveling all the crap he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his friggin

head.

JAN 04 Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a damned DEER ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $4,500 damage to the car. Those friggin beasts should

be shot on sight. Wished the hunters had killed them all last November.

MAY 03 Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from all that friggin salt they put all over the road.

MAY 10 Moved to California. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in that god-forsaken state of Pennsylvania.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I think the good people in Vancouver are paying for it, right now.

Send it to THEM ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brooks

We only got about 5 inches of snow today. In this part of the country, we are far behind what we normally have for snow at this time. I think we are only at 23" for the year. Luckily it has stayed south of us.

Allen

Reply to
allen476

Three years ago we had a 36" snowfall in our yard followed by 24" about a month later, in addition to the little 4"-6" stuff every few days. We only had 5" last year and haven't had *any* this year. ;-)

Reply to
keithw86

Did I hear they were trucking in snow for the Olympics? I did look at Accuweather.com for Vancouver and did not see where it got down to or below freezing for the next 15 days. All those days with precipitation in the forecast called for rain or showers. Maybe at the higher altitudes . . . .

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave In Texas

60 degrees and sunny here. Lots of snow in the mountains but never here... I can see it from my back porch, think I'll go skiing tomorrow morning, hahaha then maybe surfing tomorrow afternoon!!!
Reply to
Evodawg

------------------------ Bullshit.

Can't quite get past 58F at the beach today, and yes, there was snow at the beach (Huntington Beach), at least once in the past 5 years.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

"lennn99" wrote in news:7FEcn.69865$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe15.iad:

I'll take snow over all kinds of other winter weather. All I have to do with snow is plow it off the driveway and ice rink. If I happen to be out early enough in the day, the sun takes care of whatever the plow doesn't get.

You guys in the northeast have gotten way more than your share. It would be interesting to have that much snow once, but I'm in no hurry to experience it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote in news:00ef37c1$0$30745$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

The Northeast has a habit of fairly big dumps (BD) every once in a while. Most winters there is at least one BD. This year a few areas have gotten a BD more than once, and rather close together. Then it ceases to be fun, especially if the power goes out.

For me, today was alright (in North Jersey we didn't get anything of that first BD DC received 5 days ago). Today I didn't feel the need to go commute into NYC, it wasn't cold (right around freezing), and while heavy, the snow shoveled well enough. But it would not be fun if we got another BD in a few days ...

Reply to
Han

We have a customer who came to Tucson from your area of the country last Thursday. Friday, he called me and said his flight had been canceled and he was scheduled to go out Saturday morning. Fortunately he had kept his car and hotel room. Got a call Monday morning -- he was still in Tucson and do some work. He was scheduled to leave Tuesday morning. This afternoon one of our other people got a call -- he's still stuck here. It's going to take days for the air traffic to clear up after this is all over.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

We have a customer who came to Tucson from your area of the country last Thursday. Friday, he called me and said his flight had been canceled and he was scheduled to go out Saturday morning. Fortunately he had kept his car and hotel room. Got a call Monday morning -- he was still in Tucson and came in to do some work. He was scheduled to leave Tuesday morning. This afternoon one of our other people got a call -- he's still stuck here. It's going to take days for the air traffic to clear up after this is all over.

[fixed the grammar from the last post, got interrupted]
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

And that's after the six inches of "mostly cloudy"?????

Reply to
clare

Start designing a delivery system - e.g. like those used to fill Silos! Wood transits a tunnel to the local crib. House end has the switch. Auto hopper on the far end - e.g. a silo.

We expect hours of ice and then snow on top. My porch crib is full.

Mart> I live in carroll county md and All my wood is outside in the shed and I

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Would you folks who live in the Mid-Atlantic and who took all our snow please give it back? Here I Michigan, we are way below normal snow fall. Even with the six inches that fell yesterday but we are still at less that half of our normal snow fall for this time of winter season. If this continues, it could translate to low water levels in our lakes and rivers.

Reply to
Robert Haar

I'd be happy enough with a few snow days in London ON where the snow usually passes to the north or south of us. Not that we don't have some snow, but I like the way it muffles sound.

The weird thing is that the cold has moved South but the area between the shore ice and pack ice above the Arctic Circle is open enough for research vessels to continue sailing.

...according to one of the researchers, that's never happened before.

Reply to
phorbin

In Toronto over the last couple of days, we've had 3-5 centimeters. Considering the total snowfall we've had this winter, that's a lot. We're on course for a record minimal amount of snow this winter. I think it's great.

Used to be that winter was good for throwing a few snowballs and cooling off my beer. Not enough snow for either of those things this winter. Might even make me rethink my moving down south somewhere when I win the lottery. When I do, you're all invited to the party.

Reply to
Upscale

Aw, I feel for you guys - NOT. Suck it up. At least you guys don't have to deal with that shit all winter, every winter. I do. I'd move if I could. Since I can't I'll deal with it and not complain. The people in Haiti have something to complain about - you guys don't.

Reply to
burtwitlin