OT Humor/Political: Scam Alert

'Seen today:

Tim Daneliuk

Paul T.

Reply to
P.H.T.

I think this is actually a satire, not real, no?

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

--------------------------------- Consider the source.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Interesting. Among the people I passed this along to today, almost everyone understood this to be satire. The one and only group that did not were ideological liberals. Methinks there's some message there having to do with the need to be offended just to feel alive...

FWIW, I thought it was funny as satire...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

That's hilarious in itself, you racist pig. ;)

+1

-- Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything. -- George Lois

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wm. F. Buckley famously said something to the effect that liberals are tolerant of all points of view until they discover there actually *are* other points of view.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

+1
Reply to
-MIKE-

x2!

They lost me at Allah.

Reply to
Casper

Satire?

"...Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon."

Perhaps satire but I didn't think it was funny. I thought it was sad. Funny is ... Lewis & Martin, Abbot & Costello, George Carlin and Robin Williams. Ok, maybe the last is a little over the top, but still funny.

Reply to
Casper

Love it!

-- Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -- Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oh c'mon. There's been this whole silly narrative that Obama is Kenyan, Muslim, blah, blah, blah. This piece just played on it.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

sat·ire [sat-ahyuhr] Show IPA noun

  1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
  2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
  3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.
Reply to
ChairMan

Reply to
HeyBub