OT - Humor

Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are neighbors in Breaux Bridge, and Boudreaux is in need of a new milk cow.

He hears about a nice one for sale over in Lafayette. He drives over to Lafayette, looks at the cow, and reaches under to see if she gives milk. When he grabs her closest teat and pulls, the cow farts. Boudreaux is very surprised, looks at the farmer who is selling the cow, and reaches under the cow to try again. So, he grabs another teat, pulls, and the cow farts again. Milk does come out however, so after some discussion Boudreaux decides to buy the cow anyway and take it home.

Boudreaux calls his neighbor Thibodeaux over and says, "Come here and look at dis new cow I just bought. Pull her teat, and see what happens." Well, Thibodeaux reaches under and pulls, and the cow farts.

Thibodeaux looks up at Boudreaux and says, "Did you buy dis cow in Lafayette, Boudreaux?"

Boudreaux is very surprised and says, "Dats right, how did ya know that, cher?"

Thibodeaux says, "My wife...she's from Lafayette, too!

Reply to
Swingman

That's disgusting.

Reply to
Robatoy

Admirably so.

Reply to
Leon

Indeed.

Reply to
Robatoy

Made me think of that scene in "Borat" where he tells Bob Barr that the cheese he's eating was made from his wife's milk. Ol' Bob just gulped.

Reply to
Lee K

I've been given to understand that coon asses weren't particularly fond of Justin Wilson and the airs he allegedly put on, but say what you want about him, I loved hearing him talk. I can just hear him reciting this story, which makes it twice as funny.

Reply to
LRod

Hehe ... it is Booooodreaux, after all, cher! ;)

My blonde SWMBO did NOT get it ... then again, I've had to explain a lot of off color jokes/things to her, bless her sweet, kind, guileless, pure little Arkansas heart.

Reply to
Swingman

Naaa ... I liked Justin, me. A good man to cross the swamp wid, even if all dem "airs" was hot, I guarantee.

Ya got dat right, cher!

Reply to
Swingman

Tell HER that joke and see what happens.

Robatoy

I recall Justin Wilson on an old 60's album mentioning the

Arturo matic Shoot gun.

Motor cicle petroleum officer

and the car going ,,, boogety, boogety, boogety, boogety.

Reply to
Leon

An he could cook, too!

Reply to
NuWaveDave

Is this the same Justin Wilson that had a TV cooking show on PBS?

Is this the same Justin Wilson who was born in Mississippi and developed the best Cajun 'shtick' I've heard? Is he still alive or has he passed on to the great crawfish in the sky?

I'm not a cook, but I loved watching his show. It was just pure entertainment!

John Flatley Jacksonville, Florida

Reply to
John Flatley

Yes.

I think so. He played a coon ass pretty well, though.

Tipped over a couple of years ago, I believe. I mean I know he's dirt napping--I just can't pinpoint the date and I'm too lazy to go look at the Dead People Server just now

if memory serves).

That it was.

Where in Jax? I lived there for five years late '60s, early '70s. Daughter lives there now. I get up there frequently. I'm down near Daytona.

Reply to
LRod

I really liked that show. Got his cookbook. My favorite part was when he would measure out "bout a half cup of wine, raht now"

"What did you said? Cook without wine? C'Mon now, how you gonna did that, huh?"

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

... and cooked like one.

Despite what the politician's say there is no state line in that swamp, and the only difference in a Mississippi coonass and Louisiana coonass is tomatoes, in the gumbo ... and there are just as many coonasses in the Texas "golden triangle" (Beaumont, Port Arthur and Orange) as there are on the other side of the Sabine, but they make better gumbo ... but not as good as those in the middle, between the two.

Reply to
Swingman

... and there are just as many coonasses in the Texas

I hear some have strayed a bit farther west. ;~)

Reply to
Leon