Briggs & Stration

Hi anyone know how to check a spark plug coil when it is off the engine to see if it is ok and working?

Reply to
uvdoc

hook it to a coil tester and run the tests.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

hook up to distributor cable and then turn the engine over, watch for spark.

Even easier to just purchase a new one.

Reply to
Jim Sullivan

Do what my neighbor did. When i was about 7 or 8 I was next door at the neighbors house outside watching the guy try to get his lawnmower running. At one point he hollers to his wife "Hey honey! come here a minute will ya?" She comes over and he says "Here, hold this for a second" and he hands her the bare end of the spark plug wire. Then he grabs the handle and pulls the engine over once real hard. She jumps and screams and he never even looked up and says in a low even voice "Yup, its got a spark" I never forgot that, and I'm 50 now. Mike and Lulu Hatten (the kids of the couple in this story) were my age and lived in Hampden Maine back around 61 or 62 and I havnt seen them since - it was their dad and mom in this true story. Mike or Lulu if you're around and by some odd chance happen to see this- say hi. Eric

Reply to
Eric

I can relate to that, Eric. My dad got me that way more than once back in the 60's. -hehe- and I've gotten people that way since.

Heck, I still do it to myself now and again when I mess around with ignition spark. Kinda makes your toes tingle a bit. :)

Reply to
Steveo