OT How can anyone take PETA seriousely?

When my oldest son was in high school, one of his past times was creating "Walks".

To create a "walk", he would catch a fly alive, then pull off it's wings thus creating a "walk"

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

There's also the statement:

"Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats"

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Han wrote in news:Xns9C2ECAEA55EC4ikkezelf@

199.45.49.11:

One of the things I find annoying about vegetarian foods is how they try to make up for the lack of meat. If vegetarian was so good in the first place, why attempt to make vegetarian versions of things that require meat? Let the vegetables (and fruit) shine.

Garden fresh is best, and green beans are NOT a reduction sauce. (Family joke.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Garden fresh green beans smothered in Ranch Dressing and sealed in an aluminum pouch served directly from the bun rack of the grill after a half hour on the grill along with a steak are Dyn-O-Mite.

Even sans steak, it works for me.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Mark & Juanita wrote in news:ifadnQQbmMq3hKbXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

And: "I'm an indirect vegetarian" is another one.

Reply to
Han

Puckdropper wrote: : Han wrote in news:Xns9C2ECAEA55EC4ikkezelf@ : 199.45.49.11:

:> :> I have the most respect for vegetarians. They are generally the most :> peaceloving people. It requires a lot of work to get a balanced diet, :> though, since some of our dietary requirements are almost exclusively :> meat-derived. Thus I also think many vegetarians who do not get a :> balanced diet are misguided, to say the least. :>

: One of the things I find annoying about vegetarian foods is how they try : to make up for the lack of meat. If vegetarian was so good in the first : place, why attempt to make vegetarian versions of things that require : meat? Let the vegetables (and fruit) shine.

True enough, but none of the vegatarians I know do it out of sheer love of fruits and vegetables. It's usually discomfort at killing animals. So, fake meat is a way of getting that tasty flavor without the moral consequences.

-- Andy BArss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

PETA does have its place. For example, if not for PETA, we wouldn't have a chance to see Che Guevara's granddaughter nekkid!

"Lydia Guevara poses semi-nude in a PETA campaign that tells viewers to "join the vegetarian revolution," said PETA spokesman Michael McGraw."

HeyBub

... snip

I like that one. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Mark & Juanita wrote in news:4eadnbjbNvEMz6HXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

It isn't mine, but my buddy's. He is a rightist almost to the extreme, but also the other grandfather of my granddaughters. We get along very nicely, since we disagree on politics so much. However, our ultimate ideas of responsibilities and "proper" behavior are identical. Shows how left and right can get together.

Reply to
Han