OT Horrid pun

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around in the sea - one called Justin & the other called Christian.

The prawns were constantly being harassed & threatened by sharks that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm fed up with being a prawn, I wish I was a shark, then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten."

A large mysterious cod appeared & said, "Your wish is granted" & lo & behold, Justin turned into a shark.

Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.

Time passed (as it invariably does) & Justin found life as a shark boring & lonely. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realise that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.

While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again & he thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn. He approached the cod & begged to be changed back, & lo & behold, he found himself turned back into a prawn.

With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his friends & bought them all a cocktail.

(The punch line does not involve a prawn cocktail - it's much worse).

Looking around the gathering at the reef he realised he couldn't see his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked.

"He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy & became a shark",came the reply.

Eager to put things right again & end the mutual pain & torture, he set off to Christian's abode.

As he opened the coral gate memories came flooding back. He banged on the door & shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out & see me again."

Christian replied,"No way man, you'll eat me. You're now a shark, the enemy, & I'll not be tricked into being your dinner."

Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed.... I've found Cod. I'm a Prawn again Christian."

Reply to
WoodButcher

| I'm a Prawn again Christian."

Cod will punfish you for that.

Morris Dovey

...snip

If it was so bad, why did you tell it? Just for the halibut?

Mark & Juanita

He told it just because he cod.

Reply to
Just Wondering

"WoodButcher" writes a horrid pun.

I told it to a friend, and he reminded me of the tragic story of Mahatma Gandhi.

Many people don't know it, but as Gandhi grew in socio-political importance, his health suffered. His bad breath was bad enough that people would faint. As he was revered, his body functions started to fail. His feet, while callused from years of being barefoot, were losing their sensitivity to heat and cold.

There's really one one word to describe his medical condition.

Super-callused-fragile-mystic-hexed-by-hallitosis

Reply to
Bruce Barnett