OT Hi everybody (Thanks Lew)

Thanks Lew, for pointing me to astraweb... I haven't had news server access since leaving Florida for Tennessee and I've really missed the "Wreck". It was a sight for sore eyes to log on and see so many familiar names! I gather that alt.binaries.pictures.furniture is a collection of non woodworking posts, but see names I know in a.b.p.woodworking; that's a shame. Long story made short: My dream of coming here to retire to my woodshop wasn't possible due to the bursting real estate bubble (Wanna buy a place in Florida?). And I went from a 30X36' shop to a 20X22' Quonset hut type metal building. (And living space 1/2 of what I left). I do like Tennessee though. I brought my tools up, and some of my horde of wood (I sold most before leaving). It is a good thing most everything was on wheels of one kind or another, but have added wheels to everything now since it is necessary to roll out stuff to do most anything except turn around! I haven't done as much woodworking as I'd like, since weather plays a major factor in whether I can move things out of the way... I have completed a window bench seat I'll put a picture up on abpw, later. Gee, it's good to come back! Darn, I wasn't paying attention and posted this to abpw first Windows 7 and Live mail take some getting used to!

Reply to
Tom B

Tom where in Tennessee?

Reply to
Dale Miller

Reply to
Tom B

Try wooddorking in a shop 9' X 19'.

It's like the old adage: "I used to cry because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet."

Or Ted Turner's version: "I used to cry because I had no TV network, then I met a man who had no sports franchise".

But welcome back.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Cookeville here... If you were in the Twin Lakes Telephone district you could get newsgroups again...oh well

Reply to
Dale Miller

I'm gonna look it up on the map, just to see where you are... I did get a subscription for $25 that should meet my needs for a long time to come. It's great to "see" y'all again! Tom

Reply to
Tom B