OT: Faster beer!

Watch a perfect pint poured in under 2 seconds!

version available. :-)

Reply to
Dhakala

great! Now we can imbibe 5 seconds sooner than with a non-turbo tap at the bar.

dave

Reply to
David

I have no sound here... I'd be interested in seeing whether this could be used for soda/pop/etc.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

"Juergen Hannappel" wrote in

Agreed. If you have had the good fortune to enjoy a well poured pils in Germany, you know the difference.

I'm heading there at the end of the month and that's one pleasure I'm looking forward to

Ken

Reply to
Ken Johnsen

Damn, it takes me longer to twist off a bottle cap! hmmmmm... this could easily make the list of "must haves" for the shop. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

For that alcoholic on the go. Waste no time getting wasted.

Yessiree, we get you wired before you log on to your favourite chat room.

INSTANT BLOTTO, is our motto.

"Plastered Before Five!", by the makers of the finest instant alcohol distribution system. Get loaded before the kiddies come home from school!

...somebody please stop me?..

Reply to
Robatoy

WHACK! WHAP! THUMP!!!

My good deed for the day.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

Hangin's too good for 'em.

It's bad enough to think of one of them mass-market "beers" being served this way. I shudder to think of subjecting a good IPA, wheat, porter, et al to such abuse. Life's too short to drink bad beer.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

Thank you, Roy.

Reply to
Robatoy

way. I shudder to

short to drink bad

Yep, I agree. That's why I don't drink *any* beer. ;-) Or, to parodize Martha Stewart, "It's *all* bad".

Mark & Juanita

way. I shudder to

too short to drink bad

You have my sympathy, but on the bright side, that means there is more for the rest of us.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

way. I shudder to

too short to drink bad

I no longer drink, but I seem to remember all beer reaching its final destination at about the same speed, regardless of pouring speed. After the first several, that is.

Reply to
Charlie Self

And of course, just like the gift certificate for Christmas, it's all about presentation. Nice looking barmaid chatting with you while she's pouring your beer, or a female server bringing your beer to the table ~ that's all part of the pub experience. Pouring a beer in two seconds so you can get it down your throat faster is a waste in a pub. Might as well get your case of beer and go home to drink. As far as I'm concerned, it's the process of getting the beer to you hands that counts. Drinking it is certainly nice, but it's secondary to the atmosphere that surrounds your drinking experience as far as I'm concerned.

And yeah, I know Charlie, you're younger than me and most likely getting more.

Reply to
Upscale

Probably not. Twice.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Oh, yeah. I remember that. At least I think it's the same guy. I remember some news out of UW Madison a while ago, about a grad student who'd gotten annoyed at waiting too long for a beer at a sports event, and set out to create a better beer tap and actually make it part of his doctorate. Looks like he did it. :-)

It has its places, I guess. I'd rather not see it in my favorite microbrew pub but if that young man can help me get a beer faster, without it being half foam, at the beer tent at one of the local summer festivals, I'll raise my plastic glass to him next summer.

If you're going to get a degree, get it in something that counts! I'd rather have him doing that than majoring in poli sci.

Reply to
else24

There will always be enough beer. I tried to create a shortage in the early 70's..I got to be pretty good at it.. but alas, to no avail, they kept making it faster than I could drink it. I tried... I really did.

Now that I have pretty much stopped drinking, (a nasty side-effect to Naprosin, an anti-inflammatory medication for people with arthritis) I now will completely stop my medication for 2 weeks before I go visit my friends... that way, I get to enjoy one of my all-time favourite pastimes.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-- Benjamin Franklin.

Reply to
Dhakala

BTDT, but I'm a bit wiser now. Not wise mind you, just not as stupid. I've graduated to quality over quantity as I got older.

I understand. Sometimes the pain is worth it. Ever thought of home brewing? I've had some pretty darn good home brews that were way down on the ethanol scale. I used to make a pretty darn good "lawnmower" beer myself. Called that because you could slam five or six while mowing in Houston in July, and still keep the lawnmower swathes straight. Think of Budweiser except with flavor, aroma, a bit of body, and very little kick.

The gara-shop fridge currently has three large Chimay's, some Pilsner Urquell, a Grolsch flip top or two and the last brace of this year's St. Arnolds Christmas Ale. All being saved for our Thanksgiving vacation week. This is the week each year SWMBO and I reserve to redo a room or two in the house. The lagers are for the end of the day. The Chimay is for a major milestone in the project. I'm in charge of declaring milestones, unless she beats me to it.

The St. Arnolds are being saved to celebrate completion. This year's SA is truly a pleasure to savor. May be the best brew they have ever made. A fitting celebration for a job completed and done well.

Remember, friends don't let friends saw drunk.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy