OT: Ebay's new feedback system modifications

Based on my experience, I'd say you've misinterpreted what happened. I have sold several things on eBay in the last couple days, and haven't left feedback for the buyers yet -- but I can see that one of them has left feedback for me.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I have sold several items during the last month, including this week. I have seen my feedback as the seller posted and on the buyers feedback page waiting for the buyer to reciprocate. I have also had a few buyers beat me to the punch and leave their feedback, which shows on my summary, before I have been able to leave theirs. This was just in the last few days. I am not aware of any feedback posting changes. I have noticed that sometimes I will see feedback posted by the buyer/seller but not included in my summary number and that has been the case several times and sometimes can last a day or two.

On posting feedback, as a buyer I wait until I get the item and make sure it is as described. I have bought many items and have had two items (same seller) not leave feedback. As a seller I generally wait until I know that the package has arrived (tracking information) and then post my feedback. Out of the 80 or so items I have sold and left feedback for I have had around 10 or 15 not leave feedback. It is generally the newer members that do not leave feedback.

Reply to
Old Grey

I buy a lot of stuff on Ebay and usually leave feedback in batches. It might be two months before I leave it -- though I always do. Unless the seller only has limited feedback, I don't perceive the need to hurry. If it's really important to you, you could e-mail the buyer.

Ralph E L> In the latest case, I had two sales totaling $500, both people picked

Reply to
Mike Berger

Okay. You mean you can read the feedback? Okay.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Thanks.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Yes, absolutely.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Funny, I see it the opposite way. As a seller I want to be sure the buyer is happy, and has left positive feedback before I'll leave the seller's feedback.

What if, as a seller, you post positive feedback before the buyer has, and *then* the buyer acts like an a**hole and changes his mind about the purchase? Maybe he wants to return the item at your expense, maybe claiming it was not as advertised or some other false claim.

As a buyer I leave feedback after I have received the mdse and found it to be as claimed.

OTOH I have never had a bad experience as either buyer or seller, and I've been involved in over 50 transactions as buyer and seller.

OTPS: My *first* shipment on my new Fedex account went missing -- an

80# 22" LaCie monitor, shipped in the original packaging with the Fedex-printed label. Tracking showed the original drop-off, and then nothing. Fedex couldn't find it, and asked me to make a claim. Which I have, no word after 1-1/2 weeks. I had to refund the buyer over $300, including a $90.00 shipping charge. Feh.
Reply to
Vince Heuring

On 2/4/2006 10:51 AM Vince Heuring mumbled something about the following:

If you were a B&M business, would you wait to thank me for my purchase until after I took my purchase home and decided if I wanted to keep it, or would you thank me for my purchase when I paid for it?

It's people like you who that I will never give feedback to.

Reply to
Odinn

The point is that eBay is way different from a B&M business. In a B&M transaction the buyer is buying stock item, he's picked it up and looked at it, decided he wants it, gone to the cashier, and paid his money. Transaction done. Of course I'd thank him and wish him a good day.

On eBay the mdse is really an unknown quantity until the buyer receives it and examines it. The seller may not even know if the buyer has received the item until feedback is received.

Like I said, as a seller I want to be sure the buyer is happy, and has left positive feedback before I'll leave the seller's feedback.

YMMV.

Reply to
Argon

eBay is simply the world's largest flea market, complete with a mix of professional vendors, black market merchandise, and amateur tag salers.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

I used to wait for the buyer to leave feedback before I did as well. Turned out a lot of sellers I bought from gave me feedback as soon as they shipped and I started to think that as long as I describe the merchandize correctly, show adequate pictures of it, and sell it for a reasonable price including little to no handling fees, I should be alright. Heck if the buyer wants to leave negative feedback me holding off on mine isn't going to do anything anyway and who cares if they have a positive from me. I can always leave a response to their feedback if necessary.

Reply to
Old Grey

On 2/4/2006 3:21 PM Argon mumbled something about the following:

I'll make sure I don't buy from you, because you'll never get feedback from me.

Reply to
Odinn

On 2/4/2006 6:07 PM Old Grey mumbled something about the following:

Absolutely correct. If the merchandise I purchase is as told, and I received it in reasonable time, and email correspondence is good if the shipping takes longer than expected, then I have no reason to give negative feedback, but I'm not going to give it if the seller hasn't given feedback. I'm the buyer, the seller already has my money and already knows what his feedback is of the transaction before I even receive it.

Reply to
Odinn