OT: Condolences to Bohn, Schmall, Chamberlain, et al

figured i'd send this along this morning, rather than await the inevitable conclusion of the cheesesteak v. cheese contest.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

Oblong pointy ball, right?

UA100, who will be spending his time in the shop, or maybe shopping, onna 'count of the streets will be empty...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

OOOOO - never taunt a cheesehead.

They aren't consistent, but the Packers can jump up and bite!

Reply to
George

Morning Tom,

I was out a little later than normal last night, so maybe I left too many brain cells on the dance floor and I am just superdense, but WTF are you talking about? :)

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

I can't believe all of the bullitin board material that the Philadelphia press has given the Packers by dogging Favre and his dad. This should be interesting.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

i think it refers to the green bay vs. philly game today. lol/...... skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Took me a minute or two, and read the responses, and I finally figured out it was about football. Since I don't give a rat's ass about that particular wuss-bag sport, I figure I'll spend the day helping my kid build his Cub Scout Pinewood Derby car.

Jon E

- who welcomes comments on his comment about puss-ball.

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

I'd bet $5 on the game, but it's illegal, isn't it?

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Gonna have to ask Pete about that ........mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

it took me a second too. then the 'ol brain kicked in.... it's a sports reference.... Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

My boy is going to turn his on my new lathe. That should be interesting.

You tell'em. They line up, run at each other, everybody falls down on the ground and the ball squirts out. Then they spend 15 minutes talking about how exciting it was before getting motivated to do anything else.

No, I'll take an exciting sport, like ladies' nude beach volleyball.

Reply to
Silvan

not in Vegas.

todd

Reply to
todd

Yep, I waited until after the Packer/Bronco superbowl several years ago to give a certain friend grief. He, being the cheesehead he was, didn't.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

...and your point would be?

Reply to
Bob Schmall

My gloat after the Broncos won was valid, he got to eat crow for all the crap he gave me.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Y'know, that's one of the few things that irks me about being an American - why can't we all play rugby like the rest of the world? Instead, some whiny-ass girly man came up with wearing all the pads, and the timeouts, and the overpaid asshole wannabe tough-guys, and we get the crying and complaining and all that shit that goes with the game, and the fat slobs who sit in front of their televisions all winter with beer and snacks and increase the level of obesity in the country. Oh well, at least it gives the semi-literate something to do. And yes, that works both ways.

I don't know which is worse, NASCAR or football. Both suck. I'll be in the shop if anybody wants to flame me.

Show me what channel it's on, and I might watch. Popcorn, anyone?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

A sport that I always thought looked like it would be fun (but they only let girls play) is field hockey. Seems to me you could get a buncha guys runnin' around with sticks in their hands and they could have a bloody good time of it.

Kinda like lacrosse without the baggy sticks.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

Tom Watson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I played field hockey as a kid. My brother-in-law, ~55 years old, still plays field hockey. It is an Olympic sport, and the Pakistani, Indians and Dutch seem to excel in it.

Despite being Dutch at the time I was no good in it. That ball is too hard and heavy to play ball with. Respect was what I had, OK, maybe it was fear.

Reply to
Han

That's really interesting to me because all I've ever seen play it around here is young women and the sport looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Maybe I don't get around enough.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

Is that offer still open?

Seriously, I'm not much of a football fan and just posted that to stir up some dust on a Sunday morning.

I did enjoy watching that game, though. That fellow McKenzie (sp?) has an awesome ability to be in the right place.

Favre's Hail Mary towards the end made me wonder if the Philly mob had gotten to him. What was that young man thinking?

I think that the Eagles were very fortunate to win that game and figure that those two teams could have played ten straight and wound up five and five.

Still, Concrete Charley Bednarik musta been proud (I'm guessing he was in the stands somewheres and I'm glad I wasn't sitting next to him - just in case he had a flashback).