OT capturing flash video from online sources

I enjoy watching most of the online video content from WoodWhisperer, Matts Basement, The Woodworking Channel, David Marks on DIY, et al. Instead of sitting at my pc and viewing on the monitor I'd like to be able to capture some flash content which I would then convert to appropriate DVD file formats and subsequently burn to DVD so that I can watch on the tv screen. I have not been able to find a software application that is able to capture the flash video. Anyone here know how to do this and is willing to share the knowledge?

ROY!

Reply to
ROY!

This sites will allow you to enter the URL of the flash video and save to your computer.

Reply to
Johnson

ROY! wrote in news:1dv8i3d9p04v74g31vtucr66m03fgrpjtq@

4ax.com:

With a wireless card and a couple cables, you can often hook your computer up and stream the video directly to TV. Most modern systems have SVIDEO out, and with a "line out" (1/8" to 2 RCA) cable for the audio you'll get sound. Your TV also has to have these jacks, but basically your computer becomes another VCP-like device.

(Your picture quality won't be as good as a monitor of the same size, but it's generally still usable.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Roy, In the past, here is the way I did it. My browser is Seamonkey. I first found the location of the Seamonkey cache folder. When I found an online video I liked, I went into the Seamonkey preferences and cleared the cache. Then I played the video and immediately closed Seamonkey. Looking in the cache folder there would be several files with cryptic names, such as 17AZ2Ur456. I would find a large one and copy it to another folder and change the name by adding and extension (.flv). Then test it to see if it would play using my flv player. If I had guessed right, I would rename it to whatever I wanted and saved it in the folder with my other videos. Recently YouTube has changed something and there is no cache made when a video is played. Never tested this on other sites.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

I tried it on wood whisperer and it works, but the file is an .mp4 rather than .flv, so that is what you have to rename it to. Gom player plays either very well.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Right click in the page->View Page Info->Media tab Then find the video (or whatever) in the list and Save As.

Reply to
Gordon Airporte

If you run Firefox, the Video DownloadHelper add-on lets you do that.

If you don't run Firefox, now's a good time to try it. I installed it about a week ago, like what I see so far.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry