OT: Boy it sure is quiet here this Sat. AM

Its already 9 am and not much "chatter" here, I bet your all out in the shop building Yeah, tinkering more like it right? Having that cup O Joe. Whats the normal routine for others out there on the weekends. So far I have contructed and set my new mailbox post, took like half hour. These petty projects, sure wish I could afford some maple this weekend! Found out why my front lights don't work? (we just bought this house in DEC), seems some idiot put an outlet at ground level some time ago cause I just found it by digging it out from under 3 inches of dirt and mulch. An electrical outlet under ground WHY? The wires are too short for me to relocate it to the light post 2 " away. This is a regular outlet not some fancy wet proof box!! Now I have to dig up the front garden and plant a water tight box make some new connections and relocate the outlet to the post. Boy, it sure isn't easy owning a house!,(My first house BTW). Had the estimate for the new furnace yesterday, and heres why I can't afford simple maple, 8500.00, Did I mention we just bought the house in DEC. Worked then, worked just fine for something

50+ years old, even had a Beckett oil burner, seems they don't make parts for a 50+ year old furnace! Go figger. Well, enough of my ranting for the day. I'm off to the BORG to finish this front light situation.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

$8500.00????? Holy Cow - that must include a complete new installation - heat distribution and everything. Is it hot air or a boiler? Either way the unit itself should only be $1200-$1500 for a "normal sized house".

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Boy, it sure isn't easy

Reply to
Cap'n 321

Well, the new boiler (radiators) is a "super high effiecent" model. Low mass boiler, heats only 2.5 gals of water, then an indirect hot water tank. Yes there are some modifications, such as re-plumbing my garage errr SHOP for more effiecient use of the water to heat my 2160 sq ft. Thats just the shop, (eat your heart out). Thats only the first est. others are coming in this week. So far I have had three companies out to give me estimates.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

You didn't happen to sell your house in December, did you? ;-)

Mark & Juanita