OT. A miracle happened this weekend at the Borg!

Saturday Morning I went to the HD borg for some wire and a GFCI breaker box. Well as you might expect it was past 11:00 AM and the store was crowded. I went to the electrical dept. to get 4 wire 6 gauge cable. I was looking at a roll of 125 ft for the price of Yikes!!! $255. No way I only needed about 60 ft and wasn't about to spend that much. Well a HD employe actually came over and asked if I needed help, I was in shock for a few seconds till the shock wore off, usually you can't find these people. It must have been my lucky day not only was he helpful and managed to find a new roll he can cut off 65ft of the wire but he was actually intelligent and knowledgeable, helpful and gave me a few tips, when I told him I needed it for conecting my new Hot Tub in my basement. Instaed of using plastic tubing to run wire (finished basement can't run wire in walls, I'm usually over kill when it comes to safety,especially electrical stuff, well won't get into details on basement walls)from GFCI box to tub he suggested I use wire molding and gave me directions where nearest Electrical supply store was located. His son works for a pool dealer and does a lot of hot tub/pool installations. Wow! a first for me Kudos for tha Man! think I'll write the borg a letter praising this person!!. BTW go figure 125 ft cable for $255 I only paid $1.49/ft for 65ft at $96.85 ?????? better deal !!!

Reply to
dteckie

dteckie wrote: snippage of good customer care at the GORG

If you do write them and praise him it'll probably cost him his job. H lost a sale, the pipe/conduit, and sent a customer to a competitor. I doubt that the BORG bosses will care about good customer service, they haven't shown any interest so far. their interest seems to be making money and running other places out of business.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

BOY DID IT....... Caps on purpose !!!!

My two sons took the time to clean out their garages and hauled a pickup truck load of MY LOST TOOLS back to me....

Seriously it was rather nice to see some of my long lost tools return home... Hell The post hole digger I have NOT SEEN it 15 years....

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

I am unable disagree more. A letter from a happy customer is always well received. A happy customer that comes back is worth far more than a pissed off customer that gets what he or she came for and vows never to return.

It further goes to proove that your employees _are_ your fr> snippage of good customer care at the GORG

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

Actually if you send a feedback pamphlet to the store manager he will get a merit badge, 5 badges and he gets $100. If you send the pamphlet to Atlanta, I think he gets $100, immediately. I wouldn't mention the referral to the other store.

SteveP.

Reply to
Steven P

You forget the PHB factor.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Definitley write a letter of commendation AND find his supervisor and praise the guy with all the specifics.

When you get bad service - bitch. When you get good service commend the person to his/her supervisor. When you get excellent service write the president of the company in addition to the store manager.

They (corporate bean counters) need to know that "cheapest price" ain't always what the customer wants. If we tell them that often enough perhaps The Borg, be it HD or WalMart may change their business plan.

We are truly becoming a culture that is penny wise and pound STUPID.

Oh for having a mom and pop hardware store, electrical supplies store, plumbing store back.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

OK, I'll be more specific. If you tell them that he did a bang-up job of helping you with the purchase, that'll be good for him. If it gets out that he sent you to a better place to get what you need, he's history.

What's the PHB factor? dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

John,

I think you may have missed Dave's point. Happy customer letters are not always well received. What if you as a manager got a letter from a customer (at, let's say, a Chevy dealer) praising one of your underlings because he took pity on the customer's situation and just gave him a rear bumper.

You might be glad one of your customers is happy, but you'd be pissed that your employee is giving away stock.

Dave's point was similar, if I read him correctly.

H.

Reply to
Hylourgos

PHB = Pointy Haired Boss -- from Dilbert.

Reply to
Guy

Thenkyew.

This strikes me as one of those situations where no good deed goes unpunished. I don't know if the rolls were to be sold as is, this is intact, or by the ft. I'm sure that the conduit was to be sold rather than a better solution elsewhere offered. In a perfect world the salesguy did a good thing, in a world that includes BORGs it's a dangerous thing.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax