One Man Saw - Red Green

Probably not quite, but for news programming, the last time I timed it for the half hour nightly news, there were 13 minutes of commercials. For decades, I got pissed at the commercials always interrupting a movie.

On TV, a movie will take 2 hours to be broadcast. When you go to buy the same exact movie on DVD it's only, say, 87 minutes long. Disgusting.

I recall BBC America being a bit better than that, though. I wish they'd had more episodes of Red Cap. That Tamzin Outhwaite gal was a real looker and I thoroughly enjoyed the shows; less predictable than US programming.

-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bwahahahahaha! I did, Lew. I told Dish to shove it and switched to Netflix.

-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

Reply to
Larry Jaques

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- J. K. Rowling

She was a level-headed dancer on the road to alcohol And I was just a soldier on my way to Montreal Well she pressed her chest against me About the time the juke box broke Yeah, she gave me a peck on the back of the neck And these are the words she spoke

[Chorus:] Blow up your TV throw away your paper Go to the country, build you a home Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches Try an find Jesus on your own

Well, I sat there at the table and I acted real naive For I knew that topless lady had something up her sleeve Well, she danced around the bar room and she did the hoochy-coo Yeah she sang her song all night long, tellin' me what to do

[Chorus]

Well, I was young and hungry and about to leave that place When just as I was leavin', well she looked me in the face I said "You must know the answer." "She said, "No but I'll give it a try." And to this very day we've been livin' our way And here is the reason why

We blew up our TV threw away our paper Went to the country, built us a home Had a lot of children, fed 'em on peaches They all found Jesus on their own

(John Prine)

Reply to
Robatoy

yes you can. DVR. then wait 15 minutes and hit play. Let it record ahead of you whilst you watch and skip the commercials. I do it every thursday night.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Love those two guys - creative get "arounds" to work!

Mart> I suppose some of you have seen this, but it's worth a rerun.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn