old Rockwell bandsaw

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this matter. I just received a wonderful gift. My buddy gave me an old Rockwell bandsaw. It seems to run but needs some restoration/cleanup. Is there anyone out there that knows how to find a manual to this machine, as I nor my buddy know how to arrange the belts to the pulleys? Also, are there any books on restoring old machinery available and reccomended? The only things that I know about this is it is a Rockwell 14" bandsaw, series no. 28-300, serial no. FR-4908. Cast on the arm of the machine is : 5-3-73 and LBS28. This might be the date of manufacture. I would love to get this machine back to working condition. Any help is greatly appreciated. Doug

Reply to
Doug

Swingman

go to Delta's site,

get the number for the manual, and call 'em for a copy.

Until then

George

I have a Rockwell/Delta mod. 28-200 band saw. I guess somewhere along the line Rockwell and Delta merged. I found a manual for mine on Delta's site

but not yours. My guess is they are very close. If you have a jack shaft with extra pulleys and belts, you may have a metal cutting saw. They add the extra gear reduction to slow the blade down. I'll skip the gloat on how I got mine, but after a new motor, tires and guide blocks it works great!

Good luck!

Tom

Doug wrote:

Reply to