Oil stain

I am building an entertainment center into the wall and while storing the cut pieces in the room where it is being built, my daughter had an accident and spilt some sour cream dip onto the Oak veneer ply, I hadn't noticed it for about 2 days and it sunk into and spread out into the veneer now I have an oil stain about the size of a 2.5" circle in the veneer. I will be using "Minwax, Ebony, oil based stained rubbed in with 2 coats. 4 coats Durathane. The question is there a way to remove the stain? Will the stain show through after the finish is applied? As for now I will be hiding this piece on the bottom of the unit. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks for reading about my plight.

Tim

Reply to
knees

Try a solvent (like acetone) to try and remove the soaked in grease/oil

John

If I had to guess, it WOULD show thru OR prevent the f>I am building an entertainment center into the wall and while storing the

Reply to
John Crea

Before you get too fancy with cures duplicate the stain on some scrap and then put the stain on. Chances are good that it'll be a non issue with two coats of ebony stain.

Reply to
Mike G

Thanks for the info I will try that first.

Reply to
knees