Oil for brad nailer

I have some Starrett Tool & Equiptment Oil. "An all purpose oil" Contents listed on bottle says Mineral Oil. Is this oil suitable for nailers? Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

I would spend a few $ and get a bottle of air tool oil, but you could ask Starrett what they think.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Dunno about the Starrett oil, but Paslode Air Tool Oil is $3 and change for a good sized bottle here in Canada ... hardly seems worth risking a pricey tool for a few bucks.

Reply to
David D

Who knows? Why not get some oil made for air tools. It is cheap.

-j

Thanks folks. Yeh, you are right, will pick some up.

Reply to
Paul O.

Be sure that your brand of nailer requires oil. We use the Senco brad nailer that does not.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike

Not all nailers use oil. For mine that do, air tool oil is cheap enough. The Starrett oil will probably be OK, but I'd probably use it for other oiling tasks.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y