Off Topic: It Is Raining Iguanas!

It is so cold in Florida that iguanas, a non native species, are dropping from the trees. They get cold and go into some kind of reptile hibernation mode. Then they fall over.

It must be that Global Warming!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I agree, global warming has gotten totally out of hand ;-)

The Sunny South:

Atlanta, Georgia weekend temperatures

overnight low 12 F (-11C) wind chill -1 F (-18C)

Normal January low 32 F (0C)

17F (-8 C) at 8:30AM today. The guys taking down acouple of trees keep coming back to the kerosene heater on the porch to get their hands warm enough to hold on to ropes and saws. I also set out a coffee pot and a box of Krispy Kreme donuts - the guys are making good progress ;-)

John

Reply to
news

I saw in the paper this morning that there is now a guppy shortage because the cold is killing off the tropicl fish farms in Florida. And this has never happened before.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

One of the weekend newscasts had a quote from a fish farmer in Florida: "The pond temperature is 60F. At 57F, we have a mass kill"

That's not much margin :-(

Also they expect to lose half the citrus and strawberry crops - not likely that I'll see last week's sale price on strawberries again this year...

John

Reply to
news

Did you see the report about the dude who picked up a station-wagon load of the reptiles? As he drove to wherever he was going with a load of lizards the interior heat brought them back to life.

I drove past a station wagon being piloted by Santa once. That couldn't compare to a car beside me on the freeway with a driver covered in Iguanas....

'Course it wouldn't be a problem if the green gremlins were all wearing their seat belts.

Reply to
HeyBub