Off Topic: Here is a man whose life was more meaningful than Michael Jackson's

for your dining pleasure)

Retired chairman of Oscar Mayer Foods dead at 95

10 hours ago

MADISON, Wis. (AP) =97 Oscar G. Mayer, retired chairman of the Wisconsin- based meat processing company that bears his name, has died at the age of 95.

Mayer's wife, Geraldine, said he died of old age Monday age at Hospice Care in Fitchburg.

He was the third Oscar Mayer in the family that founded Oscar Mayer Foods, which was once the largest private employer in Madison. His grandfather, Oscar F. Mayer, died in 1955 and his father, Oscar G. Mayer Sr., died in 1965.

Mayer retired as chairman of the board in 1977 at age 62 soon after the company recorded its first $1 billion year. The company was later sold to General Foods and is now a business unit of Kraft.

Mayer's first wife, Rosalie, died in 1998. He married Geraldine Fitzpatrick in 1999.

Reply to
marc rosen

More meaningful in what way? Providing the world with unidentifiable meat products even more popular than Spam?

Hey, they could resurrect him by recycling him into a pkg of "meat" bologna.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Hmmm. Maybe baloney isn't so bad after all. Think I'll go eat a corn dog.

Reply to
scritch

We can expect quite a price when the Barrett - Jackson people auction off the Wienermobile!!

Reply to
Robatoy

here is someone else whose life had more meaning than mj:

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

that Jacksons. He was a pointless excuse for a human being. I'm glad he's dead. Took too damn long to happen.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Marc (who is turning this on topic because he finally bought "hisself" and Oneida system today. Unit gets shipped next week and I will be so thrilled to hook it up. )

Reply to
marc rosen

Mad magazine... I read them religiously for years! -- See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad! To reply, eat the taco.

Steve Turner

That explains a few things.. (No offense intended, btw.)

I'm a huge fan of Don Martin's characters. The FRRRAPP, FWWERRRP types. Those were great! Who can forget this:

Robatoy

cartoons in the margins drawn by Sergio Aragones. Ah, the memories!

Reply to
Steve Turner

d a

Robatoy

Mayer retired as chairman of the board in 1977 at age 62 soon after

Wonder how old Geraldine might be?

Wonder if/how long he was bonking Geraldine before Rosy cashed in.

Wonder how happy the rest of the family was when the old coot re-married at 85?

Wonder if he had some tight pre-nups?

Wonder if they'll hold up in court?

Wonder why I picture Geraldine as a 30-40 year old bombshell of a "secretary"

Wonder why I even wonder all this crap?

Reply to
Jack Stein

Because hotdogs are wonderful food?

Reply to
marc rosen

Angela runs a Heart & Stroke Prevention Unit at the local hospitals. Until I met her, I loved hot-dogs. I even knew then that they were made from pig lips, ears, nose and foreskins. That didn't bother me...but the frickin' salt!!!! and the FAT!!! Still, when in Toronto..those street vendors ... that aroma... that mild sauerkraut..*drools*

Reply to
Robatoy

Those are good, although I usually get the sausage, but the sauerkraut is a must.

Of course now, there are just piles of Miller all over the place.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I hope the wind doesn't turn....

Reply to
Robatoy

In Cleveland, the street vendors ply their wares by selling "Polish Boys".

Big bun cradling a piece of Kielbasa and smothered in sauerkraut with mustard.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Jul 9, 8:56=A0pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote: [snipped for effect]

Oh.. wait!! This is NOT the Palin thread...

Reply to
Robatoy

Here we get caribou and bison smokies, yum. And relatively more healthy. The sauerkraut is good for you and anyway I am not convinced about the salt is bad for you business: there is a genuine scientific controversy there, unlike climate change or evolution. See

Luigi Zanasi

I don't know about the caribou but will definitely pass on the bison.

Don't know which is more dry and tasteless, bison or turkey.

about the salt is bad for you business: there is a genuine scientific controversy there, unlike climate change or evolution.

I'm with you, for years avoided salt like the plague, then started watching Emeril and the dishes he was preparing reminded me of my youth.

No way you could prepare those dishes without salt and fresh cracked black pepper, and as the man says, "Pork fat rules".

BTW, blood pressure is in the 120/70 area most days.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett