OT: It's Nearly Over

It took every news carrier in the country one week to tell us Michael was dead and what a great guy he was.

The buried him yesterday.

They will spend the next week telling us about the funeral.

Then, what?

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Then the witch hunts begin. Who was responsible for him killing himself? Was he really the ultimate cause for liberalism today? Did Obama get elected because MJ broke down racial barriers?

Thw MSM is good for a while

Reply to
Robatoy

Coverage of his resurrection, of course.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Sightings, Flying MJs, etc......

nb

Reply to
notbob

Well, was he buried in a wooden coffin? If so, can someone post the construction details?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Oh....I forgot about that.

Actually, it would be interesting to see a comparison of cable news coverage to Jackson's death to the first week after 9/11. Clearly

9/11 got more coverage but I bet the margin would be closer than we would like to imagine.

The sad part is we also lost a decorated fighter pilot/long-time TV Icon (Ed McMahon), a study in cancer-fighting courage (Farrah), and a long-term, award winning actor (Malden); all of which were largely ignored. What would happen if someone really important passed?

Reply to
RonB

Geez, Karl Malden died too? Crap.

Reply to
J. Clarke

His brain is still laying around somewhere. It didn't go with the body. maybe it will cause a clone to be made.

Reply to
Chuck

velvet paintings.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

We have YEARS of litigation. I'm gonna go to law school and dip my wanger into the money pot. Yessireebob!

Reply to
jo4hn

There is no conformation yet that he has actually been buried.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Waiting for the casket cam are you? ;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Has anyone told Snoopy?

Reply to
Rita and Neil Ward

I wonder which would have gotten more coverage if they'd happened at the same time?

I emailed NBC asking them to let me know when they were finished with MJ so I could resume watching the news. No response yet :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I, for one don't believe he was buried. Here are some of the alternative theories:

  • Michael Jackson hasn?t been this stiff since Macully Culkin spent the night at Neverland Ranch. * Because Jackson ?s body was 95% plastic, he will be melted down and turned into legos, this way kids can play with him for a change. * Reports that Michael Jackson has died of a heart attack in his home are untrue? He actually died having a stroke in the children?s ward. * In the spirit of recycling, Michael Jackson will be melted down into plastic party cups so kids can still get their lips around his rim. * In accordance with Michael Jackson?s will, little boys? pants shall be flown at half-mast today. * Doctors are looking into claims that MJ?s death could have been caused by an allergic reaction from eating 12 year old nuts. * I heard Michael Jackson died of food poisoning from eating a 5 year old wiener. * Micheal Jackson will always be with us? he is not biodegradable. * Farrah Fawcett arrived at the Pearly Gates and God asked her what he could do for her having led such an honest life. Farrah asked God to simply make sure the children of the world were safe. Five minutes later, Michael Jackson died. * MJ?s dying wish was to be melted down and turned into straws so he can still get sucked on by kids. * It has been released that MJs last wish was that he wants to be melted down and made into a slide so kids can go down on him forever. * In memory of MJ?s death, McDonald?s is coming out with the new ?McJackson?. It?s 50 year old meat between 12 year old buns. * Michael Jackson?s ashes are going to be put in an Etch A Sketch so kids can still twiddle his knob. * Michael Jackson?s death has now been ruled a suicide. Apparently doctors told him that the only way he could get whiter is if he died. * Only in America can someone be born a poor black kid, and die a rich white woman. * Madonna sent her condolences to the Jackson family. Then asked how much they wanted for the kids. * Breaking News: Casper the friendly ghost was molested in the early hours of this morning! * Michael Jackson?s last words: ?Take me to the Children?s Hospital!? * What was Michael Jacksons last hit? The floor! * Michael Jackson died of a heart attack. He really shouldn?t have looked at the man in the mirror.
Reply to
Glen

Then there's the Men In Black version--he's not dead, he just went home.

Reply to
J. Clarke

a) 1 to 2 weeks telling us how he died, autopsy reports, etc. also, where, is he being buried, etc. b) 2 to 4 weeks telling us about the investigation into the doctors and other enablers c) 3 to 6 weeks telling us about the family feuding over the estate, record royalties, etc -- all the while playing MJ hits in the background d) 8 to 12 weeks on the arrests and results of (b)

They ought to be able to keep this front and center through at least halloween when they have the opportunity to

e) Put together an MJ tribute built around his "Thriller" album and hit video

They'll be milking this through Thanksgiving at least. It will make a great distraction for the masses while the statists in congress take away more liberty and freedoms.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Good Grief. My initial post was trying to be optimistic

But you are all correct. This is going to be a long summer.

Autumn, Winter,.......

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Aww MAN, MUST you dangle that Daneliuk lure?

Reply to
Robatoy

Heh! Just yesterday on Al Sharpton's radio program, a caller suggested the reason Sarah Palin resigned was that her illicit connection to MJ's death was about to be made public! Palin's connection to the death of Carl Maulden suspiciously absent.

HeyBub