O/T: Welcome to $4/gal gasoline

Indiana pump price did not include the taxes back in the past. Perhaps a hoosier can enlighten me if that is still the case, I believe that changed.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Indiana pump prices have always included applicable state and Federal gasoline taxes. Through the late 1970s, maybe into the early 1980s, the pump price did not include state sales tax. I don't remember exactly when it changed, but our pump prices have included all taxes, including state sales tax, for approximately thirty years.

Reply to
Doug Miller

It was $4.83 per US gallon here in Ontario Canada last night. Compared to $3.39 accross the border in New York

Reply to
clare

...and with the Canuck buck being worth $1.03 US that brings it to $4.97 US per US gallon.

Reply to
Josepi

I only buy fuel in Port Huron, MI these days. The bridge-toll is off- set by the price difference in a 12-pack of Erdinger Weissbier alone.

It was a little awkward to pull up behind the Jag of Sarnia Chamber Of Commerce's president at a Port Huron gas station some time ago. I pretended not to see him. He appreciated my effort. LOL. (Although he owes me a round.)

Reply to
Robatoy