O/T: Summer's coming.

Poking around the puter and found the following from the summer of 1981.

Took a 3 week, 1100 mile, sail from Cleveland to The North Channel and back, passing by Sarnia, ON going up and coming back.

Rob and I swapped tales about that trip as well as another trip to the Channel years later.

Below is the tale of events describing my return to the real world on Monday morning.

Enjoy

Lew

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Subject: Sailing Sans Clothing (Old: Real sailors don't wear gloves...or do they?)

First time I went to the North Channel, took a 3 week vacation.

As an aside, I wear photo gray prescription lens, so don't need sun glasses.

Upon my return to the office bright and early Monday morning, dressed in basic business suit blue, as was customary for this mega corporation, was greeted by my inside sales assistant, a black lady from Bermuda by the name of Cheeks, who was known thru out the district, simply as Cheeks.

You did not mess with Cheeks, she could tidy up your thinking in a hurry.

As Cheeks saw me enter the office, she started screaming at the top of her lungs, "LUCIFER! ! ! WHAT happened to you?"

I removed my glasses revealing two white circles of skin around my eyes and surrounded by sun tanned skin, my normally sandy hair bleached almost white, and said, "Cheeks, you're looking at the only white spots on this honky body", a BIG grin on my face.

We laughed.

I was back in the real world.

Time to go to work.

Lew

There are no problems, only varying degrees of challenging opportunity.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I envy you that one, Lew. Sounds like a fun trip.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

As they say, the time spent sailing is not deducted from your total life span.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett