O/T: It's Still April

Interesting, as a sailor, the weather is very important; however, being a prudent stewart of the available resources, could never justify the expenditure of about $1,000 for decent sailboat wind insturments, so took alternate methods.

The US flag will stand out stiff in 20 knots of wind, time to strike the 150 genoa and take a reef in the main.

A strand of cassette tape tied to the shrouds won't play music, but will indicate wind direction.

The clouds tell you about impending weather patterns.

If I'm on watch, I know when it rains.

I'll keep the $1,000 for cold suds.

Ahh, matey.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Well, duhh, PRESS '2' 18,000,000 times for instance?

Reply to
Robatoy

Yea.. I'll bite:

403,922,287 different functions Wow...with 8 buttons! You'd kinda run out of combinations at 40,320 or so wouldn't you? I suggest we ask nailshooteRobert. He knows about those sort of things.

OH NO! 403,922,287 for sure. Some times you have to hold down a bunch of buttons, tap your head, and count to three. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Well, duhh, PRESS '2' 18,000,000 times for instance?

Now you are catching on. But really, it is pretty ridiculous. A computer with 2 gig of memory would have to store some of the info for all the combinations in virtual memory.

Reply to
Leon

"Dave in Houston" wrote in news:_4iHl.28101$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com:

You can try

While it only measures in 100ths, it large enough that you could estimate the last digit. I've got 2 rain gauges in my back yard, one of them being the CoCoRaHS. It's accurate, large and very durable.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Yesterday it reached 100F, but as indicated, things they are a chang'in.

Today it only reached 95F, but this stuff is headed East.

My bet if folks in the U/P of Michigan will be happy to see it along about next Monday after the 2 ft of snow they got today.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I'm a few days late on this thread but this morning at 6:00 AM when I left for work the thermometer read 34 degrees. It's now 6:11 PM and 79 degrees.

Reply to
Nova