O.T.

I am so happy today that I can barely sit still. I go in for surgery next Tuesday. This may not seem like something to be happy about but, it will be the first in a series of operations that, if everything goes as planned, will enable me to walk again by next summer. I really don't mind giving up the wheelchair.

Reply to
CW

Sounds like a major milestone. I wish you all the best. Let us know how it turns out!

Reply to
Doug Miller

As one who came within a "gnats breath" of being where you are, I can honestly say, "Anytime you can put one foot in front of the other, you are ahead of the game." Most of us go through life not knowing just how wonderful a gift the ability to walk is.

All the best over the next year. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

You are in my prayers.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

Sounds like a major milestone. I wish you all the best. Let us know how it turns out! =================================================================

I sure will. Many thanks.

Reply to
CW

--------------------------------- Best of luck in over coming your burden this year.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Good stuff! I'll be thinking about you.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

"CW" wrote in news:J4KdnfabWpJDRmHTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Wonderful!! Hoping everything goes exeedingly smoothly. As some of the others said, keep us up to date!!

Reply to
Han

Ugh... break a leg!?

Seriously, Here's hoping the absolute best for you.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I'm sending best vibrations and support.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Sounds like a plan. Hope it all works OK. Keep us posted.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Having gone the wheelchair route myself I have to say I much prefer walking, even with an assist from a cane or two.

Best of luck to you next week and may the rest of the new year be filled with happy strolls!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Good on you and good luck CW!

Reply to
Leon

Ditto that!

-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air? -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hope that all goes well then. That is good news.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I sure hope tis is not another woodworking project!!!

You go girl!

--------------

I am so happy today that I can barely sit still. I go in for surgery next Tuesday. This may not seem like something to be happy about but, it will be the first in a series of operations that, if everything goes as planned, will enable me to walk again by next summer. I really don't mind giving up the wheelchair.

Reply to
m II

Great news!

I'll be looking for the ad for a wheelchair for sale this summer.

Reply to
Nova

Wishing you the absolute best of all things medical, and the luck of all generations of Irish combined be looking over your shoulder.

We'll be praying for you!!

... keep us posted!

Reply to
Swingman

May the surgeons have the best of luck in everything they do for you, for a great and quick recovery. Do keep us informed on your progress. Wishing you all the best, `Casper

Reply to
Casper

Will it be as much fun as the chemo I am going to be subjected to starting Jan 2121?

Up to now I feel pretty darned fine. Short of breath. Thassall.

As we need to build up this magnificent bod of mine (lost 42 #, ooops) Angela marched me into my favourite delis, handed me HER credit card and said: "Go nuts"!

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000vbc.googlegroups.com:

Rob, all the best for this year, 2012, and all coming years! Please keep us abreast of your progress, and keep your nose up!

Reply to
Han