Now this is useful!!!!

Got this today from woodpeckers in an email. This is great. I have a dolly that easily moves panels. But this does that plus allows the panel to be raised to the tablesaw.

Better than others.

woodchucker

Got that same email this morning and was intrigued.

I'm getting too damn old to wrestle 3/4" full sheets. Would be nice to hear some firsthand feedback on how well it works. Also wondered if I had enough room to make it work.

Reply to
Swingman

My biggest issue with moving plywood is getting it out of the truck. It then goes straight to the cutting table. I saw this an tried to realistically determine if it would be helpful to me in that regard. I did not.

Your case might be entirely different.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah. Sounds like you need something that can move multiple sheets at one time. Think you'd need some type of four wheeler that covers a larger area of ground as well as having the ability to lock all the wheels with one lever action.

Reply to
none

Actually I use a 4 footer, my two feet and my wife's 2 feet. And some times a neighbor's 2 feet. I garage faces the front of the house and my neighbors drop in on me all of the time. Last Friday I had 5 different neighbors drop in.

I back the truck in and we slide the sheets straight from the bed of the pickup to the break down cutting platform.

Reply to
Leon

You responded as if you were doing it all yourself. Someone helping you is a different matter altogether.

Those neighbours dropping by, are they just browsing your current build or are they looking for something more ~ getting you to help them with a build, or perhaps borrow a Festool or three? :)

Reply to
none

I always have help with the 3/4" sheets but could manage by myself by parking closer to my cutting platform.

Typically just checking in and finding where they stand in line. ;~) And most are women that drop in, they are the ones willing to spend money. ;~) I have a Canadian neighbor that is always asking for me to help her do something. Eh? she is my favorite, she will darn near run up a ladder. LOL

Reply to
Leon

I just received one of these (SWMBO is going to have my butt - four orders from WoodPeckers hit the CC this month ;-).

The carrier is very well built but on the down side it's *not* a panel carrier. It's quite heavy. You won't want to chuck a sheet on this thing and carry it anywhere. The wheels are rather important. ;-) I didn't do a lot with it tonight but I think it'll work really well. I rarely have any help in the shop and often end up scratching sheets fairly badly getting them up on my cutting table. I think this thing will allow me to easily move sheets around my basement and moose them up on the table without damage. It may not help get them out of my truck into the basement, though. We'll see.

The legs latch spread, so it's pretty stable when lifting the sheet to the horizontal position. It's rather nicely thought out, in that way. The inline wheels make it fairly easy to move the panels around. I have a similar setup on another panel toter (much lighter and easier to carry sheets). It works well.

Bottom line, I think it was worth the $$ for my use but I can certainly understand that it's not for everyone.

Reply to
krw