Now for something a little different...

Thanks, Leon. Great tips. That piece of marine plywood in a couple of those pictures was what I used as a reference surface, and I was careful to sweep it off between cuts and inspect the tool for any chips that might have lodged in it.

Those relatively narrow pieces stayed dead flat during the build so I didn't have any trouble with registration. But I can see how you might run into issues with furniture-sized wood.

That bench is pretty nubbly - it takes a real beating, and we don't reference anything off of it. There are a couple low roll-around assembly tables with pretty good surfaces that we use for larger glue-ups (I share the shop with a shipwright who now does mostly cabinet work).

Tom

Reply to
tdacon

I know just about nothing about sail boats, I never would have guessed that it is almost 60 years old.. Testament to the care it has seen since you obtained it almost 40 years ago.

Beautiful boat!

Reply to
Leon

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments.

Best regards, Tom

Reply to
tdacon