New Yankee Wishshop

Yep Agreed I think he mastered the cabinet maker deal a long time ago

Reply to
joedog90045

He does have a formal art education.

Reply to
CW

"Michael" wrote in news:VHQ3g.3562$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com:

How many highly skilled cabinet makers do you know? I know several. They use many of the tools that Norm uses. I'm not sure what 'highly skilled means' or what an artist truly is. I am very wary of anybody that refers to themselves as "Artists". I am lowly skilled, but I recognize when a biscuit joiner or pin nailer is the best way to go. Hank

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1146101988.401948.186020 @u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

C'mon he is, I'm not. Hank

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in news:KqV3g.9621$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Marks is one of/or the best cabinetmakers I've seen. I don't necessarily like his style, but his craftsmanship is something else. I bet Norm would love David's 'Aircraft Carrier' jointer or David's multi-router (I would). Hank

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

I'm still amazed Bruce still has all of his appendages.

I know that ESB... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, E-S-Beeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Reply to
B A R R Y

I would have counted Danny Proulx as highly skilled.

A time and a place...

Reply to
B A R R Y

I am just finishing, completing, a set of kitchen cabinets made out of some real nice quartersawn oak, some of it almost looks quilted. The first thing my wife said after I got the boards run through the planer was "can we sand out those saw marks?" I had to explain to her that those weren't saw marks they were the natural grain pattern of the wood.

The next thing she wanted to do was paint the damn thing white. Well the "saw" marks are still there and the finish is clear, three coats of high gloss, and now that the cabinets are complete she is quite happy with them not being white. But I have had to really work to chang her perspective and appreciation of wood in this process.

Of course since no good deed ever goes unpunished, she wants everything built with quartersawn oak. Luckily I have a supply that is relatively inexpensive, but that's another story. ;-)

Reply to
Duane Elliott