New use for my Wixey digital angle guage

Used it this morning to correct the angle of the Christmas tree. It's within a 0.4 degree of 90 to the floor (where I zeroed it). Good enough.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

Your tree is that straight? No taper? ;-)

I used mine recently for measuring the rafter angle in my (un)FROG (getting ready to finish into my shop). I guess both applications involve wood, so within the marketing envelope. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Meh ... I'm calling foul until you get the dial indicator out and give us the tolerance to the top of the angel.

Reply to
Swingman

Angle to the center of mass would be more useful.

Reply to
krw

Tree is artificial and I took the measurement from the middle where there is no taper that I can detect.

Oh, no angel. Please, we're a family of two - one atheist one agnostic. Secular Christmas stuff only. We like the bright lights and gifts.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

Ah, so it really is just another stick of lumber. ;-)

I have no issue with your choices.

Reply to
krw

Did you follow god safety habits and unplug the tree before you checked the angle? =20 Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Being agnostic and atheist, probably not.

Reply to
Swingman

Being atheistic, I trusted the rules of physics and I did.

Reminds me of the Woody Allen line, "an agnostic is someone who won't commit".

Funny!

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace